Shotgun safe ranges

Hi guys hoping someone can help me on one of my permissions the farmer wants me to have a go at the crows with my shotgun he says to set up at the edge of the farm yard which is fine my question is how far will shot travel whilst still being dangerous? as there is another building 200 meters away not directly in the range of fire but its of to the side. I live in a small island called Guernsey so this is always a concern of mine as feilds here are very small and you can never get that far from a small lane etc. Would shot at that sort of distance be so far spread that you would be lucky to hit a side of a barn and would it even have enough power to be noticed?

Is there a minimum range recommend for safe use of the shotgun 12g.

Hope this makes sense

CHeers

It depend's on the size of shot and chokes you are using ...if you are using 6's with 3/4 and 1/2 the energy will be spent by the time it hit 70yrd's..so i would say you are fine with the building being 200m away..at the very worst the odd pellet could rain down on the barn but it will cause no damage at all..

Edited by Millet