Plans and/or guidance for Ferret Box

Hey Ditch, where did you get that Box from mate?,..the Bow-Back?...its looks JUST like the ones my mate used to build...he built me a few, and a few terrier boxs...he also made a Hawk Box for Bolio, and i beleave Bolio had a ferret box from him aswell, although im not sure?...i just cant belave howmuch that box looks like the ones my mate used to knock up, im fecking speechless to be honest!..lol.

Kye,..

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Kye; Hullo, mate :) I honestly don't now remember the location of the guy ~ Lancashire sticks in my mind for some strange reason. Could be Leicestershire? I just get an 'L' with it. Might be totally wrong. Anyway, someone advertised them for him, on * Another Site * ( ;) ) and said they were the Dogs. I bought one and quite agree!

Now, this would've been about the time that Tiff' was doing her tour and visited me. So it's highly likely that it was indeed You who posted about ye mates excellent craftsmanship and I bought one. We were both on that forum at the time and I knew ye well enough by then to have trusted ye judgement on such a thing.

Incidentally; I'm sat here ~ as ever! ~ in one of the three pairs of RealTree Wranglers I had Tiff' pick up for me! Still going strong after all this time and worn pretty much every f*cking day since I recieved them! I simply live in the f*ckin things, rain or shine! :laugh:

And that quilted / plaid Wrangler shirt she fetched me as a gift? Quite simply the Best damn shirt I've Ever posessed! It's waiting to be washed - yet again - right now, and I miss it like hell! That too only comes off my back as a matter of the most dire necessity!

Simple fact is mate; I deeply appreciate fantastic quality. That's why I shelled out for that gorgeous box. And that's why, if half the people on this forum knew what was available over there, they'd be buying their kit from places like Cabelas and f*cking off the shit they get fobbed off with - even under the same brand names! - in uk.

Anyway, give Tiff' ( " Cooner " :D ) my very warmest. And I'm genuinely pleased it's worked out for you, over there, as well as it has for me, over here. Getting out of that shit house they call england is the finest thing any man can now do :good:

And that's why, if half the people on this forum knew what was available over there, they'd be buying their kit from places like Cabelas and f*cking off the shit they get fobbed off with - even under the same brand names! - in uk.

DS,

Please give us more information (obviously I have found the above company). I can't speak for everyone here but it has taken me a long time just to find the few links/contacts I have, and if we don't know about the better quality places 'hiding' out there or just needing a recommendation from the old timers (yourself excluded from that of course!) then we will still continue to buy rubbish in error.

thanks,

/mad

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Mad; I'm not out to reccommend any particular supplier, mate. But I would strongly suggest having a look HERE, for example, if ye looking for some RealTree kit. Some of these $ prices, if we're to accept what they're saying, are so knocked down it's already ridiculous. Then, when ye consider your british pound is now worth Two of those $'s? So ye might see something like a jacket to die for, $200 worth. Reduced to $100. That's fifty quid! Ok, ye might pay a tenner or so for shipping. Ye May get caught by Customs and hit with import duties. That actually happened to me twice out of dozens of import deals I've done. It's an occupational hazard. Ye'd still stand to save pounds on the over all.

Much more importantly though; It's the vastly superior quality of the stuff they have over there. I bought these Wrangler " Denims ", in RealTree. Denim. Ye know the stuff. Usually comes in blue. Has that characteristic stiffness to it. Wash it and wear it to death and, just before it all falls apart, ye'll achieve a lovely, soft sense of comfort in wearing it! :rolleyes:

That's why I almost shit myself when I first touched these things. They felt like velvet, straight out of the bag! :icon_eek: Yep. In fact I've just massaged my legs - I'm wearing them, naturally - to remind myself. Three years old at least now. Still as soft and warm as good velvet. About as much to do with my prior experiance of " Denim " as chickens and wall bricks.

And here's the best bit: Go to Wrangler dot com and ask for RealTree Denims. Ye can't find them. But then ye'll notice how there's a site for uk and a quite seperate site for usa! Crap for you. Kit for them!

With the exception of my leggins, from WeatherWear, I honestly wouldn't consider buying 'british' now. Not if I'm after quality kit to wear in the field. The choice is so limited and the quality such a piss take. Then they rub ye face in it by asking 175 quid for a jacket?! Coffee's on, mate ;)

Then, when ye consider your british pound is now worth Two of those $'s?

Agree with you there, I had to buy four chokes for my Laurona recently. From their distributor they were £40 a piece, from the U.S. they were $35, and as you say, with the exchange rate as it is, it was a no-brainer.

Yep. In fact I've just massaged my legs - I'm wearing them, naturally - to remind myself.

Too much information!

Thanks for the link, See I wouldn't ever consider shopping from there as I don't know anything about them. But a recommendation changes everything. I like the Real Tree shirt for those hot summer days.

thanks DS,

/Mad

Hi Ditch,..

Will give Cooner your msg!...im sat here with that 'LittleOwl' you gave her looking over at me!..lol.

Was it Swindon, Wiltshire you got the box from mate?...a gentleman named Brian?...maybe its not one of his, but i swear, it looks just like one of his!...

Yeah, all i wear in the winter months is Carharts(spl??) they are awesome...great digging trousers, or i should say pants!..lol.

We got young Ratkilla coming over here for two weeks this winter, and i told him "Dont bring any cloths...just some spending money and fill your bags up with the quailty shit from over here!"...you could buy a whole brand new wardrobe of hunting gear over here for about 200 quid...and that shirts, 6 pairs of pants, and a good jacket...maybe even a pair of boots as well!..

Yeah, as much as i LOVE coming home, you couldnt pay me to live in Britain again....it lost the 'Great' of the front of it, long ago imo...

As much as America has faults, you CAN livethe American Dream over here...you just gotta go through some elbow grease!..lol.

All the best mate!..

Kye,..

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Brian! Yeppers, that was almost certainly the guy. I might well even still have the reciept floating around here somewhere. Who knows? But it's pretty obviously got to be the same guy. Work it out; Same place. Same time. You were one of the people on there I'd listen to. The sheer quality shines out. Who else was offering such Bow Backs at that time in that place?

Shame is it'll likely never again hold a bloody ferret! I simply have no use for them here, there being no rabbits within striking distance. Be interesting to hear how ye get on amongst those Cottontails, 'mind.

Kit? I have two options; Accept what ever's available in the two shops in town or go on line. If I'm shopping by key board, US is as handy as Outer Mongolia, isn't it? Beats the f*ck out of rip off immitations from eBay, for sure! And the prices are unimaginably low. I just don't know what stops screwing their loaves and shopping that way. I've even seen air guns at a fraction of the price asked in uk!

" Great " britain? Surely ye mean " Akbah " :laugh:

Its a shame im not coming to Ireland mate,...i would have brought you a load of gear over, and we could have traded for the ferret box!...im not even gonna try and make one like how Bri made them...the guy is a master craftsman!...

lol@Akbah!.. :no:

Kye,..