what is a good breed of lurcher(all rounder) for someone just starting out

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So there you go !! Saluki/Beddy/Collie/Bull/Deerhound X Greyhound and you can't go wrong !! LOL !!   Cheers.

All of the things I said were learning curves, knock my comments see how I care. My dog now comes back, walks to heel through livestock, listens, follows hand signals I'm working on the retrieve and b

Deer/grey x collie/greys make decent all rounders

Just my input, but i would forget searching for a specific x, and just look for a well reared, thought out litter, out of two dogs you like, that are doing what you want your pup to do, then the rest should be down to you.

But some collie in the mix, may well make it easier to train.

So there you go !! Saluki/Beddy/Collie/Bull/Deerhound X Greyhound and you can't go wrong !! LOL !! ;)

Cheers.

thats no good theres no whippit in it :laugh:

I was only quoting what had allready been mentioned.... but a bit o' Whippet would be OK aswell !! Perhaps a bit o' Wheaten and maybe a smidgen of Borzoi, not to much though, it's only for rabbits ! LOL ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

So there you go !! Saluki/Beddy/Collie/Bull/Deerhound X Greyhound and you can't go wrong !! LOL !! ;)

Cheers.

thats no good theres no whippit in it :laugh:

I was only quoting what had allready been mentioned.... but a bit o' Whippet would be OK aswell !! Perhaps a bit o' Wheaten and maybe a smidgen of Borzoi, not to much though, it's only for rabbits ! LOL ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

needs a bit of kerry blue and airedale aswelll if its rabbits your after :thumbs:

im on my first dog bud had him from 18 months old was horrible when i first got him never been out in his life but he is learning very fast along with me he is a gray x ridgeback

what is your dog like mate? can you post a pic?

yeah true good point ignor that last post from me laptop being slow and didnt load last post i can say get it from a pup tho as i said i got him at 18 months stubern as still dosnt take alot of notice but getting there