Striker Variable - new models have changed!

Just sold my old striker variable as I wanted a new set up for coming season so orderd a new striker variable 170 off eBay for £104 and I'm waiting on a new 22ah lithium. Anyway lamp came this morning and it's completely different to my last one with a dimmer dial on the back, this has now been replaced with two buttons, the on off button does not click on and off as the old model did. From reading the instructions you have to hold it for 0.5 seconds for on/off. Not sure if I like the new style I much preferred the old type, has any body got this type and have any views/ experience with it?

Just sold my old striker variable as I wanted a new set up for coming season so orderd a new striker variable 170 off eBay for £104 and I'm waiting on a new 22ah lithium. Anyway lamp came this morning and it's completely different to my last one with a dimmer dial on the back, this has now been replaced with two buttons, the on off button does not click on and off as the old model did. From reading the instructions you have to hold it for 0.5 seconds for on/off. Not sure if I like the new style I much preferred the old type, has any body got this type and have any views/ experience with it?

hi there i just thought if you bought the 14 am it would of last all night and you could of save your self a bit of money i just bought the tracer sport 210 and the lithium 14 am and i get all night good huntting

Cheers lads, as I'm waiting on a battery I can't try it out but just the feel and operation of it is rubbish, think this is going back. I just hope I can get hold of a one with a dimmer instead of these button things. Keep away boys - rubbish!

• Like 1

Tried lamp last night with my new battery and it's terrible. The on off buttons have a sequence, if you dim the lamp using the buttons on the back of the lamp then press the on off button rather than switching the lamp off it reverts back to full beam! Then you have to press it again for it to go off! Not impressed at sent it back this morning and will be making sure I get a variable striker with the dial dimmer.