Had pigeon breast with cheese wrapped in bacon for tea must say very nice covered one in tesco barbecue sauce and had one plain cooked for 20 min .. I always cook meat for too long always worry . Very nice indeed will defiantly have again especially the barbecue one ...

very nice simply pan fried with garlic salt & pepper served with new potato melted butter with few chives in and a dutch salad (mayo white wine vinegar and sugar dressing) nice summer dish :thumbs: mmmmmmmmmm am hungry now lol

Had pigeon breast with cheese wrapped in bacon for tea must say very nice covered one in tesco barbecue sauce and had one plain cooked for 20 min .. I always cook meat for too long always worry . Very nice indeed will defiantly have again especially the barbecue one ...

Aye thats far too long. Pan fry to seal the meat and then maybe 5 mins in the oven. Take it out and let it sit for 5 mins too rest........... :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

For me, I fry them 2 1/2 mins a side in a hot pan, then let them rest for another 2 or 3 minutes.

They are pink in the middle and very tender.

Until a few years ago I was one for having any meat medium to well done, but now I feel like a proper grown up with medium rare lol.

• Like 1

Pigeon Schnitzels and a crispy cheese and leek bake.

First butterfly your pigeon breasts.

2011_0408pigeonschnitzels0002.jpg

Tendorise the breasts and add a Schwarts all seasoning.

2011_0408pigeonschnitzels0010.jpg

Next bread crumb the breasts and place in the fridge for at least half an hour.

2011_0408pigeonschnitzels0012.jpg

Boil up some leeks and add a cheese sauce over them. Then cover the sauce with two packs of crisps crunched up.

2011_0408pigeonschnitzels0014.jpg

2011_0408pigeonschnitzels0016.jpg

Then cover the top of the crisps with grated mozzarella cheese and bake in a moderate oven till the cheese browns and crisps up on the top.

2011_0408pigeonschnitzels0018.jpg

While the bake is in the oven, fry your schnitzels in a hot pan for a couple of minutes each side then serve with the cheese and leek bake.

2011_0408pigeonschnitzels0019.jpg

TC

• Like 1

Another way I like pigeon is to stuff the breasts with a garlic and herb stuffing cover in breadcrumbs and cook in the oven.

First off take your breasts and make a pocket in them with a small knife the pocket should be big enough to get your thumb in.

2010_0220PBreasts0005.jpg

Once you have done that make the stuffing, I used two slices of wholemeal bread one medium red onion some fresh parsley, dried mixed herbs and three coves of garlic. Stuff the breasts with the stuffing mix.

2010_0220PBreasts0006.jpg

2010_0220PBreasts0007.jpg

Coat the stuffed breasts with seasoned flour dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.

2010_0220PBreasts0009.jpg

I then sprayed the coated breasts with frylight then placed in a fan assisted oven for 30 minutes @ 175c turning after 20 minutes. If you use a normal oven leave in for a little longer.

2010_0220PBreasts0017.jpg

The end result.

2010_0220PBreasts0019.jpg]

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • 3 weeks later...