The Airgunners Co-Operative Ltd

Looks like we might be a two man team mike, another I was thinking say if we were to buy a hw100 off the rfd would it be at a cheaper price that we would then sell it for because I fail to see where we would get our profit margin to put back into the business? Or buy 20 tins of pellets between 10 people for 80% of rrp but still sell them to people at 100% rrp then put the profits back into the company then shared out between all of the sharholders

Lewis

i think what it is lewis. if the rfd, sells a tin of pellets for £ 10 and makes £1 on it for every sale.

then we come along and increase his sales by 400 percent on the understanding that he makes only 50% of his origanal profit per tin for our sales. we are happy, because we get 50p discount per tin, he is happy because he has sold 4 times as many tins of pellets albeit at half the original mark up price, but he is still up by 200% on his profits. then, the money we have saved buying the pellets(because we all have to buy pellets anyway) can go back into the co-operative for re-investment, or into the profit share fund for the end of the year.

mike i think you might be on to something here. count me in. :yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're right Stevo and from what I have read of Mike's he's not the type of person to let a few obstacles get in the way. Comes accross very articulate and intelegent, certainly one of the bes

i think what it is lewis. if the rfd, sells a tin of pellets for £ 10 and makes £1 on it for every sale. then we come along and increase his sales by 400 percent on the understanding that he makes o

As half expected, ASI ltd turned down my account application on the grounds this 'consortium' is not yet incorporated. Fair do's. Is it worth incorporating? I'm not sure... A bit much for a guy who is

Things are storming ahead. Initially it'll be The Airgun Buyers Consortium ltd. The consensus is for a £20 membership fee the proceeds of which will cover some expenses such as a dedicated website, but mostly for floating capital investment into other products which have more room for larger savings. I.e clothing, scopes, lens covers, pellet traps etc.

Pellets are seemingly used as loss leaders in order to entice guys through the door as they are the number one ongoing expense. Doesn't mean getting the very best deals is futile, it just means the savings may not be as large as expected.

The other side is recruiting FAC holders to become RFD agents of the 'TABC' and create a network nationwide circumventing the £30 odd charge but satisfying legislation.

Edited by milegajo

As always Mike you put across a great read...there are one or two issues i have though..pellets...all should be available as all barrels are diff as we all know..but there are a few brand/series of pellets that sell better....as for RDF.....as this is your idea(which i might add is a great idea)get yourself a small premises apply for FaC and go for RFD once there...these things take time mate but i have no doubt you will achieve it as i have read one of your books and know sort of the type of man you are....i for one will back this venture all the way mate and i hope it comes good as at the moment we as UK hunters are being ripped off.....Good luck Mike and if you need help just let me know mate

The admin stuff will definitely have to be sorted, but will fall into place as things grow.

OK! Have had some quotes in. We're talking pennies in savings. But look after the pennies eh! As said in other posts, on pellets your buying will be down to ethics and membership. Supporting a collaborative effort of your fellow enthusiasts.

Actual prices will be released to paid up members (next job is to sort that process out!)

The biggest discounts will undoubtedly be on your other bits and bobs, i.e scopes, bags, clothing, camo tape, oils, etc etc.

Thanks guys for all your input so far, has been invaluable in getting this idea shaped and moulded.

As half expected, ASI ltd turned down my account application on the grounds this 'consortium' is not yet incorporated. Fair do's. Is it worth incorporating? I'm not sure... A bit much for a guy who is supposed to be living the simple life in a caravan in the woods on mobile interweb...lol

• Like 1

As half expected, ASI ltd turned down my account application on the grounds this 'consortium' is not yet incorporated. Fair do's. Is it worth incorporating? I'm not sure... A bit much for a guy who is supposed to be living the simple life in a caravan in the woods on mobile interweb...lol

Persistance mate........just keep at them and it will happen and all will fall into place

• Like 1

It's gunna happen Mike thats for sure mate........from what you have been saying and the support everyone on here has shown towards this venture it will come to pass...i will offer any support and as has been said by many more so will alot of others....im kind of looking forward to you getting it up and running