any 1 from ireland had a pup of oakfeild lurchers cork

Well, as they say bad publicity is better than no publicity.

I am not going to argue with anyone's opinion's on here, everyone is entitled to their own. I do want to clarify a couple of things:

1. Not a puppy farm. We have ideal whelping facilities as we have whelped other people's bitches for YEARS and we are very practiced at it. This is the first litter offered for sale with no more on the horizon any time soon.

2. Both dam and sire were brought in as young as possible and kept and trained here in Cork. Both are good workers. As the website says, you can see both of them and judge for yourself.

3. The price reflects the heritage of the parents and the amount of care and attention that goes into the parents as well as the pups. They are as healthy as you will find anywhere.

Oakfield Lurchers.

Let me ask you a few questions;

By my reckoning, (from the information on your web ste), the sire would have been around 12 months old and the dam around 15 months when they were mated, Is this correct ?

You state, on here and on your site, that the parents are "good workers" What work had they done at such a young age and in such a short time, for you to consider them "good workers" ?

Was this the bitches first season ?

When do you intend to mate her again ?

You are offering the dog at "stud". He has neither proved himself at work or by his offspring, so what qualities do you think he can add to the Lurcher gene pool ?

Cheers.

nowt but it'l ad some cash to his bank!

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i dont wish to sound rude .but you mention heritage .could you please explain what heritage .because there is no heritage ,they are just from a sub standard average grader and a run of the mill collie

both parents are still to young to breed from and in many peoples eyes are not properly tested yet to be classed as good workers due to there age and as for heritage that went when he started breeding

How on earth can they be "good workers" when they haven;t even had one or even half a seasons work ????? You are breeding puppies from puppies !!!   Cheers.

Edited to say Lurchermanuk I might be putting my working greyhound dog to my mates collie/grey, if he goes ahead with the litter then I will get you a free pup and you pay the transporter fee :victory:

many thanks bud keep me posted on it . is ur mates collie greyhound a 1st cross or lurcher to lurcher ? :thumbs:

A 1st cross mate, border collie/grey. Like I said if he does do the breeding I'll get you a pup and you pay the fee to get it over there (about £80 I think) as I'm having pups out of my 2 bitches, a aussie cattle dog cross to one pure bitch and a beddy dog to my other bitch. So my hands will be full this season :victory:

I am not going to argue with anyone's opinion's on here, everyone is entitled to their own. I do want to clarify a couple of things:

1. Not a puppy farm. We have ideal whelping facilities as we have whelped other people's bitches for YEARS and we are very practiced at it. This is the first litter offered for sale with no more on the horizon any time soon.

2. Both dam and sire were brought in as young as possible and kept and trained here in Cork. Both are good workers. As the website says, you can see both of them and judge for yourself.

3. The price reflects the heritage of the parents and the amount of care and attention that goes into the parents as well as the pups. They are as healthy as you will find anywhere.

Oakfield Lurchers.

i dont wish to sound rude .but you mention heritage .could you please explain what heritage .because there is no heritage ,they are just from a sub standard average grader and a run of the mill collie like all hancock stuff is .theres no heritage there mate sorry. any youngsters new to lurchers ,take some advice from an old man thats been around lurchers all his life ,stay well away from this stuff ,if your looking for a dog .ask a few of the lads and youl be pointed in the right direction and most probably some on here will give you a puppy .and guaranteed it will be of a far better standard than this rubbish .

• Like 7

A 1st cross mate, border collie/grey. Like I said if he does do the breeding I'll get you a pup and you pay the fee to get it over there (about £80 I think) as I'm having pups out of my 2 bitches, a aussie cattle dog cross to one pure bitch and a beddy dog to my other bitch. So my hands will be full this season :victory:

whats the beddy dog getin put to as i would be intrested in a pup if it was a greyhound or whippet ? what sort of money on them ? let me no when u no what ur mate is doin as i will take a pup if there was a bitch . thanks again mate for ur kind offer

whats the beddy dog getin put to as i would be intrested in a pup if it was a greyhound or whippet ? what sort of money on them ? let me no when u no what ur mate is doin as i will take a pup if there was a bitch . thanks again mate for ur kind offer

He is going to my working pure grey bitch :victory: , spare pups out of the litter will be free mate. I'll send you a few pics of them :thumbs:

Yes people I like my greyhounds to work and not just track dogs :tongue2::laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

Oakfield Lurchers.

What a load of shite you talk.Heritage my arse and the parents of those pups are practically pups themselves,I'd say your standards of what is a good worker would be very low.There are much higher standard pups bred in cork from well tested parents and from well tested lines.Basically you are trying to sell worthless rubbish and are looking for 200 each,you must have a neck like a jockeys bollix.

• Like 2

Oakfield Lurchers.

What is your definition of a good worker please?

put my name to a bitch bud if any spare it will get a good working home :thumbs: yes mate send me few pics

Sent the pics last night mate ;) , if I owned the beddy dog I would of posted the pics rather than sending them in a message, but as you can tell from the pics he knows his job well :thumbs:

• Like 1