Ticks and Yellow/Green Spots

My terrier has been out more than usual of late and really getting stuck into the thick cover.

Today I've just checked the dogs and the terrier is covered in ticks in her underside, 1 as big as her nipple, I counted at least 6 or 8 and she has got 2 little rashes on the inside of her back legs, they look like little yellow/green spots grouped together and they ooze when squeezed.

I've coated her with frontline spray for the ticks, not pulled them as I aren't confident in removing and getting the head (not done it before). But the frontline will make them drop off won't it?

Any ideas about the yellow spots? Could it be from nettles? As I said she has really been getting in the cover of late.

Cheers

Gaz

the tics will drop off in a while, clean the spots with hibi scrub or salt water and put some suda cream on. normally nettle rash/allergy is red/pink and the dog is constantly scratching and biting at it.

• Like 1

Ok thanks mate. Wasn't sure if the ticks would drop off with frontline or if they still needed pulling.

Can ticks infest bedding and other dogs like fleas or am I right in thinking they just stick to that dog?

Will use salt water and sudo on the spots :thumbs:

Gaz

Ok thanks mate. Wasn't sure if the ticks would drop off with frontline or if they still needed pulling.

Can ticks infest bedding and other dogs like fleas or am I right in thinking they just stick to that dog?

Will use salt water and sudo on the spots :thumbs:

Gaz

tics like fleas only feed on the dog mate so drop off once there have there fill :thumbs:

Best get one of them tick twisting tool's that remove the full tick in second's and no frontline is needed..google tick removal tool.. and like Paul said them spot's will deffo be nettle rash.. :thumbs: ..mind you i had a dog with similar that got covered in them little red ant's they bite like fook.. :D

• Like 2

Covered in ticks and then not remove them. I would be removing them as fast as I possible could!!! That could even kill your dog! IMO but good luck no matter

Kill the dog? Shes been dosed with the best flea and tick treatment money can buy mate. I think it would be irresponsible of me to remove ticks not knowing exactly what I'm doing if the treatment does it for me?

i would remove the ticks gareth ,get a 0`tom tick remover , they make it simple to get them out . when dosing with frontline after they are already on the dog ,they take a few days to drop off , and i always think with all the nasties they carry ,its best to get them off straight away . ive found frontline only gives a few weeks protection against ticks . ive had the same problem with the yellow puss spots , ive put it down to either nettles or grass , ive found that diluted tcp clears it up within days . atb robo