I had a vigo, the hilux's are ok.. bad points of the vigo..no inner mud arches, some are poncey cream carpet and leather all over, they seem to mist up easy, I'm not sure if they have a proper heater, well the early vigo's some had to have them retrofitted. I had a 2.5 D4D model, and it was plenty fast enough for me, I hear the 3.0's are quite a bit thirstier... I'd probably have another UK spec, although I do prefer a landrover :D

Yes that's right bigdaz...the earlier model's around the pre 2001 where all ok if i remember correctly it was the late 2001 upto 2005 that had the wrong bolt's fitted to the con rod end bearing's..which resulted in them snapping on many model's and popping the con rod out the side of the engine block..mine started ticking under the bonnet and after 2mile of driving it got louder and louder i should of stopped but i could not as i was on a 70mph duel carriage..the engine just seazed and turned it's self of and the ignition light's came on..no powered steering doing 60mph is not nice..luckely for me i was near a slip road to free wheel into..otherwise i could of had a wagon or car go into my arse end..never again..

Loads of the D22 navaras went bang, faulty con rod bolts, Mine have just give up but only after 220 thousand miles, yes that's not typo !!

All in all the D22 as a motor is brilliant, get the main bearing shells changed and adapt the oil pick up pipe in the sump and they're good for the 250

Costs about 160 quid for the parts but you have to take the sump off which means separating the engine and gearbox as two of the sump nuts are in the bell housing !

Can be bought cheap enough and a very good car once fixed :yes: