Beddy Whippet for Bushing...

av never seen a beddy whipt be god for bushing and good for running, theyre either 1 otr other, they throw to beddy or whippet

some people just make stuff up on here :no:

He's not a million miles from the truth, in that if you tried to have a dog for both bushing and running whats bushed out, if its in 'proper' cover, its never going to see what comes out, and if its standing about with a view of what bolts, to run it, then its not really bushing proper. If that makes sense?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How old are you ,about 14? You went on the thread about Sankey's dogs , giving opinions of dogs you have never even seen run. Made a total prat of yourself on there, slaggin off a great bitch, got

every man to his own but i tell you buy it or not i have been around working dogs all my life 5o odd years and i would take your money off you and worked terriers and bushing dogs on all sorts of land

Get a working Cocker bud.

If it's a lurcher, it's a lurcher, all be it, a lurcher that 'bushes'. But working cover as a lurcher, and folowing scent and hunting up. . . . . is all very well. But it's not going to come close to a purpose bred bushing dog, with regard to what it can face and how it can work.

However, out of all the lurcher types it's probably the best suited.

If i had a spaniel chasing game and yapping, it would be on a one way ticket to a hole in the ground.

why's that?

Because i like spaniels, good, well trained spaniels, and thats just what i was raised around.

It's a spaniel, to me it just shouldnt be running about, chasing rabbits, and yapping, its a 'waste' of a good dog.

Horses for courses and all that.

But if it makes the folk that have them happy, then thats great. It's just what was ingrained in my from being raised around well trained working springers, cockers etc. :thumbs:

av never seen a beddy whipt be god for bushing and good for running, theyre either 1 otr other, they throw to beddy or whippet

He's not a million miles from the truth, in that if you tried to have a dog for both bushing and running whats bushed out, if its in 'proper' cover, its never going to see what comes out, and if its standing about with a view of what bolts, to run it, then its not really bushing proper. If that makes sense?

the dogs i work with will bush it out or catch it in the cover and the point of a bushing dog is to have dogs waiting out side the cover for bolters is is it not. no point if the dogs in cover with nothing waiting for the bolt its team work with all the dogs knowing there jobs atb troter

the dogs i work with will bush it out or catch it in the cover and the point of a bushing dog is to have dogs waiting out side the cover for bolters is is it not. no point if the dogs in cover with nothing waiting for the bolt its team work with all the dogs knowing there jobs atb troter

I just mentioned it as 'daytime only' stated that he had found that they were either bushers or catchers, and i was explaining what he meant. Or at least i thought he meant?

R.E 'Bushing it out'. . . . i fully understand that a beddy x whippet will work cover, there is a whippet and collie x here that will do the same, but they are not a patch on a decent bushing terrier or spaniel etc, for facing certain types of cover, due to their build etc. Also, like a cover dog to give tongue and let the other know whats going on.

I just mentioned it as 'daytime only' stated that he had found that they were either bushers or catchers, and i was explaining what he meant. Or at least i thought he meant?

R.E 'Bushing it out'. . . . i fully understand that a beddy x whippet will work cover, there is a whippet and collie x here that will do the same, but they are not a patch on a decent bushing terrier or spaniel etc, for facing certain types of cover, due to their build etc. Also, like a cover dog to give tongue and let the other know whats going on.

ivegot a cocker cross border and what a bushng dog its turning out a gud en time will tell next season [bANNED TEXT] thers somthing in bush it howls aaron

i took it as in looks and build wise they either throw to the whippet or beddy. may of misinterpreted what he said. but iagrre with what you say, my pup is so involved in what she is looking for she misses the bolt.

Just spent two hours mooching with a beddy, proper working type.

Only a pup and just being introduced to it all, but i'd have had her in my kennels happily.

What about one of those? Much better prospect that a beddy x whippet for bushing.

In fact, get a beddy and a whippet and that your team.

I`m with Jai on the mouthy Spaniel thing. My dog works hard but never yaps, or (god forbid) barks at game, jees, that would be mortifying.

Be like having a barking lurcher ! lol.

Honestly though, If you want to push quarry out, then get a dog that was designed to do that job. A Spaniel. but a good well built Cocker.

Just spent two hours mooching with a beddy, proper working type.

Only a pup and just being introduced to it all, but i'd have had her in my kennels happily.

What about one of those? Much better prospect that a beddy x whippet for bushing.

In fact, get a beddy and a whippet and that your team.

i thought that, i need a sighthound to complete the team, she is no use busing with no one to catch the bolters :D

I`m with Jai on the mouthy Spaniel thing. My dog works hard but never yaps, or (god forbid) barks at game, jees, that would be mortifying.

Honestly though, If you want to push quarry out, then get a dog that was designed to do that job. A Spaniel. but a good well built Cocker.

I'd like to see some of the folk on here trying to train one though :laugh: Be grey in no time!

But aye, get a running dog for hunting and running and a cover dog for cover.

Was watching this wee beddy getting into cover today and no chance would a beddy x whippet have got in there the same,

I'd like to see some of the folk on here trying to train one though :laugh: Be grey in no time!

But aye, get a running dog for hunting and running andwhy not a cover dog for cover.

Was watching this wee beddy getting into cover today and no chance would a beddy x whippet have got in there the same,

why not a beddy whippet is not much bigger than a beddy and i would gladly show you two that can get where any cocker or terrier can get and nail there game in cover as well to be honest i think your thinking a cross beddy whippet is the size of a whippet the two i go out with are two dogs 16/18 inchs and will work all day full on if theres game to find they find it atb troter

my non kc beddy works cover like a little demon. cracking nose on him. good marking dog for ferreting. training wise as a young dog-guaranteed to send a man grey in no time it did with me. :laugh:

But aye, get a running dog for hunting and running andwhy not a cover dog for cover.

why not a beddy whippet is not much bigger than a beddy and i would gladly show you two that can get where any cocker or terrier can get and nail there game in cover as well to be honest i think your thinking a cross beddy whippet is the size of a whippet the two i go out with are two dogs 16/18 inchs and will work all day full on if theres game to find they find it atb troter

Not being a cnut mate, but I doubt very much a dog like that could do some of the stuff my Cocker does, he does bramble that you could walk over the top off. Seriously hard dog, A whippet type would be torn to pieces and would struggle to barge its way through.

:thumbs:

Not being a cnut mate, but I doubt very much a dog like that could do some of the stuff my Cocker does, he does bramble that you could walk over the top off. Seriously hard dog, A whippet type would be torn to pieces and would struggle to barge its way through.

:thumbs:

I'm always of the opinion, that those, that think, that a lurcher can work cover as well as a spaniel, have never seen a good spaniel.

Troter - you want to bet a beddy/whip at 16-18 inch tts can get ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE a good bushing terrier or working cocker can???? I really don't buy it, and im not knocking the beddy/whips at all.

• Like 1