Alrite guys/gals im looking into a Air Arms Pro Elite.....i know they are quite few and far between but i like the fact of having another springer but in break barrel.................i have done a little reading on them and as far as i can tell they are better than the HW80........do any of you have experiance with these rifles and if so how did you find it?

Superb rifle Steve, Only drawback was very heavy when scoped. not nice to shoot at UK power levels very spongy kind of feeling on firing but acurate. I got rid of mine years ago, must be worth a bit nowadays for a mint one.

Superb rifle Steve, Only drawback was very heavy when scoped. not nice to shoot at UK power levels very spongy kind of feeling on firing but acurate. I got rid of mine years ago, must be worth a bit nowadays for a mint one.

I should be used to the weight as i have a TX lol.......looking on net last night even second hand ones are quite expensive....might have to give it a miss due to funds :huh:

Hey Steve, Like you I decided to get another springer to play about with instead of having to keep a shot count with a PC so I got myself a .177 Stoeger X20 Suppressor Break barrel Weighs 7LB unscoped, locks up like a Rolls Royce, A terrible long second pull on the trigger, Easilly cured by fitting a Welsh Willy replacement or do as I did (drilled and tapped the existing trigger to 3m/m fitted a grub screw and nut) nice light short travel now, Gun comes with a excellent 3 X 9 X40 PA scope and mounts. cost me £159.00 from SFS, other dealers sell the same set up from £150 to £199. engineering and blueing on strip down reminds me of the early BSA Meteor but with a much better piston.great value, very accurate Go and try one, Cheers.

Edited by Tron

Hey Steve, Like you I decided to get another springer to play about with instead of having to keep a shot count with a PC so I got myself a .177 Stoeger X20 Suppressor Break barrel Weighs 7LB unscoped, locks up like a Rolls Royce, A terrible long second pull on the trigger, Easilly cured by fitting a Welsh Willy replacement or do as I did (drilled and tapped the existing trigger to 3m/m fitted a grub screw and nut) nice light short travel now, Gun comes with a excellent 3 X 9 X40 PA scope and mounts. cost me £159.00 from SFS, other dealers sell the same set up from £150 to £199. engineering and blueing on strip down reminds me of the early BSA Meteor but with a much better piston.great value, very accurate Go and try one, Cheers.

To be honest mate im not to keen on synthetic stocks....i do however like the X50 though

Hi steve,i looked into a pro elite myself last year whilst trying to find a decent replacement for the '80 I sold. Couldn't find one at a price I could afford at the time, so I tried bloody loads of breakers until I finally found a worthy successor to a hw.

I got another elderly '80! Mainly cos it's the only breaker that feels right weight wise, compared with the pro sport...

If you manage to get an elite at a reasonable price,i can't wait to hear how you get on with it mate, you're hard pushed to beat an AA springer.

Take it you didn't get that FWB in the end then?

Cheers, wurz

Hi steve,i looked into a pro elite myself last year whilst trying to find a decent replacement for the '80 I sold. Couldn't find one at a price I could afford at the time, so I tried bloody loads of breakers until I finally found a worthy successor to a hw.

I got another elderly '80! Mainly cos it's the only breaker that feels right weight wise, compared with the pro sport...

If you manage to get an elite at a reasonable price,i can't wait to hear how you get on with it mate, you're hard pushed to beat an AA springer.

Take it you didn't get that FWB in the end then?

Cheers, wurz

No mate bloody expensive divorce put a stop to that...however trying to get a pro elite at a reasonable price is like trying to get blood out of a stone.......the ones i have seen are bloody expensive secondhand