Torres, has English football wasted him?

Clubs and countries get praise for shaping a player when they come good. Fine example is Gattuso, rangers and the Scottish style of football receive accolades for shaping him into a hard, no nonsense type of player. So with that reckoning, do you think English style of football has destroyed what was once a great talent in Torres?

Dunno about that mate....Dont get me wrong he was a great player before he came into english football but the english approach to football is completly differant to what he is used to..if he went back to spain he would once again be a great player...Just my opinion though

On another note though Gattuso was a cracking player at Rangers

I'd like to see if he could return to his former self. Just now his confidence is so low. His touch, goal awareness etc is shocking. Aye Gattuso was a cracking player and that's coming from a Celtic man. I was glad to see the back of him I'll tell yea ;)

No, he was a great player at Liverpool. I think its more to do with Chelsea's more direct/boring way of playing the game. Drogba thrives with that style of play, Big and physical but Torres and Drogba couldn't be more unalike. He is still creating plenty of chances for them though. If I was Chelsea manager I would be thinking of playing him more in the no10 role ala Bergkamp style.

Think if he was at Man U, Arsenal etc he would be banging 20+ a season in.

It seems his form dipped at Liverpool and he's never got got back into the groove since. Either that or opposition players have worked him out. Great players are masters of improvisation and adaption and the jury is still out where Torres is concerned IMO..

Ps Gattuso is in talks to return to Rangers I heard! :D Maybe his Scottish wife wants to come home eh? :laugh:

I feel very sad for Torres when i see him stumbling about a fitba park these days looking no better than a bad pub team player and thats me being kind to him,cause if the boy was to get back to the standard he's shown in the past he's without a doubt a class act that would prob be up there with the best strikers in world fitba if not the best thats out there....the boy must be fighting with a lot of demons in his head as it does seem to be a self-confidence thing but then you could possibly argue thats a talent in itself you need in your locker to be the best as a top striker hitting the back of the poke week in week out.....would love to see the boy kick on and bury his demons myself.

As for Gattuso,he's always said he wants to end his career at Rangers but his wife who he met here while playing for the Gers is prob a part of his wish to move back to Glasgow :thumbs: