What do we think of these vehicles folks?

I've been looking at the old ones, 1996/1997 with the 2.8 TDi.

I'm guessing a couple of people on here have one, just wondering what they're like as a general 4x4 not a hardcore laning beast.

Thanks

SS :thumbs:

Thats good to know Hedz. I'm not too worried about the juice consumption because I wont be using it as my main vehicle.

Just for pottering about the shoot and carting stuff about. The reliability of them seems to be good across the board.

Well if ye aint worried about the juice mate they are not a bad motor decent engine's and the body work hold's up better than most 4x4's and they can take abit of punishment, dont know what part's etc are like as i never really had to have anything done to the 1 i had the only reason i got rid was because i travel about alot and it was costing if ye do the same journey everyday in a discovery or fourtrak and it cost's a tenner to fifteen quid you could bet the same journey would be 20 to 25 in a pajero :thumbs:

Excellent truck had mine for just over a year, solid as anything great off road, as said heavy on fuel but I run mine 80% veg oil anyway so that helps.

Mines the SWB 2.5 TD and given the choice I would go for the 2.8 as its a timing chain on the 2.8 instead of a belt as on mine

There's a great forum pajero owners club it's free to joking and tons of valuable info

Good luck

i've got a k reg 1992 2.5 lwb , when i got it it only had 82000 on it.It's been very reliable and parts are easy to get hold of. Has for fuel its same as anything it depends how you drive it, i drive my with the rev counter, 3000rpm gives me 60-65 mph and in return about 30-35 to the gallon, but mine is manual i know autos are abit thursty.The only problem i have heard is head gaskets ,but if you find one thats been done you should be ok ,plenty of them about so have alook around i only gave £1600 for my

Edited by s horsfield

I had a Kreg 2.5 short wheel base one year's ago and if it was not for the fuel consumption i would of still had it now..good solid 4 x4 and really comfortable to drive and good offroad i did not have mud tyre's on my but it got me pretty much everywhere any other 4 x 4 would..i only ever got stuck in it twice once was in a pond.. :icon_redface: ..the other was towing a carvan at the selby game fair one year when we had some really bad rain..on the way back out of that same game fair i put it in 4 wheel drive before i started driving and drove straight past a range rover that was bogged down to the diff...and that was dragging a 15ft caravan.. :D

If you do go for one i would get the 2.8 version as they have a timing chain and the 2.5 has a belt..i got a new timing belt on my 2.5 and it cost me nearly £500.. :cray: because they had a helll of a job getting one of the pully wheel's off..