The ferret kits and their hutch

Nice mate. Do your not climb the wire though? Mine would and it's a long way down. Unless you have an anti climb tube around it I didn't see.

How many you housing?

Nah, they did climb it to start, but they never fell. Actually, to be honest at the start, their claws were nice and worn, like walking a dog on a pavement, where they climbed up, then let themselves slide down using their claws to slow themselves. I have 12 in there at the moment including kits. 2 Albino Jills, 2 Albino kits, 7 other kits (colours are starting to come through) and one polecat hob. I plan on keeping 3-4 for myself, so will own between 6 and 7 once the kits are gone.

Atb, Bunny.

ws thinking that myself to be honest.. mines only 3ft high, they climb it as soon as they see me.. its handy since once i lift the lid to get them out i dont have to lean over they just come to me but they slide down (as you described) only sometimes they are hypo and end up falling from about half way.. doesnt seem to bother them but any higher and i think i would be worried.

So, saw a few posts about this years kits, and also about peoples hutches through the summer, so thought I would put mine up too. :)

This is the kits at 2 and 3 weeks (my jills were a week apart).

2lxxfd3.jpg

25q9erm.jpg

1ovqjd.jpg

2coq2vd.jpg

ndog3a.jpg

21c8mkg.jpg

zloy8.jpg

Looks like a pair of my old G strings in the last picture....................................................Nice well looked after animals :thumbs: