MTC Viper problem

I don't think it's whiteout as the op might have said something about it. However, my Viper was really fussy as to where I placed my head; in fact it was critical. It became very frustrating as to why I would get that "flyer" and unless I was to superglue my face to the cheekpiece then it was pointless to carry on with it. In the end I went with the Hawke Panorama which is a little more forgiving then the Viper. May be worth optically centering the scope regardless of POI and seeing what it groups like then. I have heard of erector tubes that are under stress and kick back under recoil.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks lads, I've emailed them and I'll see what happens. I've never had this problem on any scope and I'm a bit gutted TBH

Well I have one on my .243 and it holds zero superbly,send it back mate get them to send you another, sounds like a problem with the scope to me, best of luck .

although loads complain on bbs about them there customer service is excellent get in touch with sammy via the mtc website its sammy whos in charge of mtc if youve bought new u have no worries at all about a replacement i no loads and loads with mtc all have no complaints ive read about the white out when they first started out but a lot of top end scopes can white out ect if the scope is aligned right to your eye

I don't think it's whiteout as the op might have said something about it. However, my Viper was really fussy as to where I placed my head; in fact it was critical. It became very frustrating as to why I would get that "flyer" and unless I was to superglue my face to the cheekpiece then it was pointless to carry on with it. In the end I went with the Hawke Panorama which is a little more forgiving then the Viper. May be worth optically centering the scope regardless of POI and seeing what it groups like then. I have heard of erector tubes that are under stress and kick back under recoil.

This is exactly what it was in the end......user error :icon_redface:

• Like 1