Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've got a roe buck skull I was gonna have a go at mounting. What is best to use as a bleaching agent. I put one of the lower jaws in a bowl of hydrogen peroxide and it worked, but you can only buy it in 200ml from the chemist and i reckon i need nearly 2ltr for the skull. Would 12% peroxide cream for hair work. A litre of that is only a couple of quid off amazon,.

Thanks

Thanks Fred. how long do you boil it for. do the antlers need protection doing it that way

Thanks Fred. how long do you boil it for. do the antlers need protection doing it that way

yes mate i put rag round coronets an tape it on an try keep it out of the water...boilem em till every scrap of meat falls off an they look grey but when it drys out it goes white mate all the best,,,ftf...

There no meat on it Fred. i buried it for bout 3 month then cleaned with water. but the bone is now yellow sort of colour. is the hair dying peroxide cream better than the disinfectant stuff as it says its 12% instead of 9%.

Thanks again for the replies so far

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've got a roe buck skull I was gonna have a go at mounting. What is best to use as a bleaching agent. I put one of the lower jaws in a bowl of hydrogen peroxide and it worked, but you can only buy it in 200ml from the chemist and i reckon i need nearly 2ltr for the skull. Would 12% peroxide cream for hair work. A litre of that is only a couple of quid off amazon,.

Thanks

You can buy 17.5% litre bottles of h2o2 at any hydropnics shop for a 10er, I dont know if its cheaper or as strong as the stuff from the chemists though.
  • 4 months later...