Nipped out again

Well decided to pop out again tonight. Had a play on Chairgun this afternoon and found that with the scope on x10 magnification if I zeroed my rifle at 35m each mil dot beneath would represent 5m increments all the way out to 55m.

Arrived on the perm, zeroed the combo in a couple of minutes with the combro attached, averaged 596ft/sec with the Li's :cool: and headed out into the field.

Had quite a few opportunities to take the small ones but they were gracefully left - would be a shameful waste. In the end decided to opt for this fella

20120517_192858.jpg

He was just below the brow of a hill and as such, whist in the prone position, was difficult to pick up on the rangefinder. I blipped him and it registered 56m.. Twice! Even with the knowledge that range could be decieving on sloping ground I knew this couldn't be right. On this occassion, with a little help, my head overruled technology. I bliped a huge mound of horse poo that appeared to be around 10m in front of him. This registered 18m. I gave him a squeek, he lifted his head, I held one mil dot hold under and squeezed the trigger. Perfect head shot, just behind the eye. Stood up, lased him and he was 28m away. Nice one.