grey/collie/bull

The one we have here is alright at rabbits but wouldn't touch a fox (legal here in NI) unless ran with another dog then he still hot potatoes them at times.

Think if there bred out of the right stuff then should make a very handy cross.

This was my first lurcher, 5/8 grey, 3/8 bull, 1/8 collie, wish I could have him back

Theo_Trophy_11.jpg

Theo_Jump_11.jpg

Roxy which I have now, 1/2 collie, 1/4 bull, 1/4 grey, mostly ferreting and no bad on the lamp as well

onthetyne014.jpg

is the 1/8 collie extra or is it just a 5/8 3/8 ???
  • Like 1

The one we have here is alright at rabbits but wouldn't touch a fox (legal here in NI) unless ran with another dog then he still hot potatoes them at times.

i know few lads use lads that use line bred (bull,collie,grey) but they do top up the bull in there mix, fair amount so dont loose the bull tenacity. These are good lurchers that pre ban were good fox+deer dogs, but straight ( colliex grey x bull x grey) could be hit+miss temp, you might get the softer temp of the collie come through .!!

This was my first lurcher, 5/8 grey, 3/8 bull, 1/8 collie, wish I could have him back

Theo_Trophy_11.jpg

Theo_Jump_11.jpg

Roxy which I have now, 1/2 collie, 1/4 bull, 1/4 grey, mostly ferreting and no bad on the lamp as well

onthetyne014.jpg

is the 1/8 collie extra or is it just a 5/8 3/8 ???

aye its 9/8 s in total lol, 2/8 bull :icon_redface:

I have this type of dog he is 5/8 grey 2/8 bull 1/8 collie stands 27tts me pal has one to the make very good lamp dogs very good all rouders very quick good amount of staminer game dogs very good fox deer hare dogs

i know few lads use lads that use line bred (bull,collie,grey) but they do top up the bull in there mix, fair amount so dont loose the bull tenacity. These are good lurchers that pre ban were good fox+deer dogs, but straight ( colliex grey x bull x grey) could be hit+miss temp, you might get the softer temp of the collie come through .!!

I've seen a couple of good ones some with more collie than bull and some more bull than collie one thing they had in common is they were bred out of dogs doing the job, the one here is 1/2 beardie collie x 3/8 bull but you'd swear he was just beardie grey, alot of people have told me his ma (Hancock) was a good rabbit and hare dog but no fox dog so that's where he probably gets it from not fussed as 1 he ain't mine he is the lass's 2 I use a different dog for foxes 3 he ain't a bad dog to have about let's you know if strangers are about

Theo_Trophy_11.jpg

Theo_Jump_11.jpg

onthetyne014.jpg

hes smart dog :thumbs: