• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They might be a pair of pricks but 1 of them is an ex world heavyweight champion and the other just gave the long standing heavyweight champion his best fight for years....................name a bette

For those who slag off haye, he was undisputed cruiser weight champ. Only when there was no one else left he moved up a weight and beat much bigger guys. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

haye will win. but we should all get behind david price in the future lads hes a proper top lad and has got a good chance of being world champ. tyson furys scared to death of him

I'm pretty sure he was between Light weight up to Light Middle. He was one of Nobby Nobbs' reliable journeymen, he had over 150 bouts. He fought a load of lads from the 90's through to around 2004 - 2005. Ricky Hatton, Matty Hatton, Bobby Vanzie, Johnathon Thaxton, Colin Lynes, Michael Jennings, Derrick Roche, Steve Murray and a shit load of other decent level fighters over the years he was active.

Another couple of Journeyman mates of mine are Steve Brumant and David Hinds, you couldn't meet nicer people :victory: .

Edited to say they're all from Birmingham.

Thats right,i knew the name from somewhere......I was with Steve Murray in the early part of his career i think that must of been his 5th or 6th pro fight.....if i remember right Coleman was the first fighter to take Steve the distance......nothing wrong with journeyman fighters its an honest living.

Imo haye and chisora are both poor fighters who only look good due to the piss poor quality of the currrent heavy weight division. As for world class thats a f*****g joke world class in this era? barely. World class in the history of boxing? Joke to even comprehend it..

As for world class thats a f*****g joke world class in this era? barely. World class in the history of boxing? Joke to even comprehend it..

Nobody can help the era they are born into,so if you have fought for a world title you are world class thats just common sense,the fact you are best of a bad bunch means nothing...........this is the world we live in and there aint no other world but this one !

haye will win. but we should all get behind david price in the future lads hes a proper top lad and has got a good chance of being world champ. tyson furys scared to death of him :thumbs:

now why would you think tys scared to death of price ,ty fought him when he was a 17 yr old kid with a handfull of fihjts behind ,price was a mature man ,aba champion and commonwealth gold medalist ,ty floors him and gave him a boxing lesson ,only for price to get the decision ,now tys a man undefeated ranked 5th in the world .price as done nothing hes fought a couple of card fillers ,he still fights like an amateur and is going nowhere at the moment ,the other day he was bragging that he had sparred with mormeck ,the french cruiserweight that klitchko destroyed ,mick hennessy offered price 100k to fight ty before the rogan fight .,and he turned it down ,stating he was under contract , :laugh: take it from me tys not scared of price , price is tailor made for ty when it happens

very easy answer why give up the british and commenwelth title to have a crack at a taxi driver for the irish title. do you think john mcdormet beat fury in there first fight :yes::thumbs:

For those who slag off haye, he was undisputed cruiser weight champ. Only when there was no one else left he moved up a weight and beat much bigger guys. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

he is a mouth piece tat has beat nobody talkin pure dirt cuming up to fights a gettin destroyed then a true champ at both cruiser and heavy was holyfield who haye wud not last 5 rounds with the quality of boxers is not there now tats why all these useless c**ts are winning titles the wud never have won 10 years ago

I am afraid British boxing has never been blessed at heavy weight , we have had a couple of crowd pleases and it hurts to say it at world class level we struggle at this division , on the home front we can muster a rumble usefully preseeded by a staged altication , the amateur scean has faired no better even the succes of harrison the candle soon went out on his pro venture , big frank won a pro world title deserved on the night , then haye won and lost his , Hayes just to small to cut it against the real weight , pity as he is skilful and can hold his own , this fight will go ahead it's a money spinner but can not see any throppin being thrown in at the end

Edited by gonetoearth

What about lewis?

Absolutely.........whether you class him as Brit or Canadian dont make much difference we ( Britain ) have still had more success at heavyweight than any other country in the world outside America.

Might not be the greatest names of the division but they won a title and thats more than any other country so to say we,re not blessed is plain wrong.

Lewis

Fitzimmons

Bruno

Haye

Hide

Akinwande

All won a world title at heavyweight.....think the next best is probably a country like Italy who had Carnera,Damiani,someone else i forget who.......

Thats without the big British names like Cooper,Bugner,Tommy Farr,Billy Wells and plenty of others who fought at the highest level.

• Like 1

Bruno v Tyson world class frank gave his all but just never had that killer instinct but won a belt

Lewes v Holyfield world class but still Lenox was Canadian the financial gain of the British support brought him back

Cooper v clay world class Henry had him but as we all know a glove split the rest is history

Fitzsimons went from middle wight to heavy back to light heavy if am not wrong and yes a true legend

Again it's only my opinion the rest were good but not in my opinion great

Bugner was a yarpy again with a connection to the British that financial gain brought him under the union flag

Edited by gonetoearth