Oil or Wax

Hi chap's, just woundering what most use on a rifle used for hunting...Wax or Oil.?

I see that most stock's finished with oil seem to have a high sheen & to be honest Im not sure if that's my kind of thing..mainly because I hunt with it. What oil's or wax is best to use..price no object so not botherd about the cheap option just the best finishes.

Marty

Stupidly enough I know where you can get 250ml of Walnut oil, for £2.50! Try Morrisons, yes the stuff that you use in salad dressing is good for wood stocks too. Do not pour it on the stock, but use a cloth and rub it in. It does oxidise (catalyse) and it does give a lovely finish to the wood as well!

It does take a day to dry, but it does work. I know. I am using it on the stock of the HW and it brings it up beautifully! Just try to keep it out the mits of the other half....

I spray all my guns down with Napier Gun Cleaner. I spray it inside the gun cabinet as well because it has the VP90 in it that stops rust. Also spray the inside of the cases that my night vision is kept in. It keeps every thing looking, and more importantly, working like new. I even drink it......well OK, i don't drink it, but it does smell nice :)

I spray all my guns down with Napier Gun Cleaner. I spray it inside the gun cabinet as well because it has the VP90 in it that stops rust. Also spray the inside of the cases that my night vision is kept in. It keeps every thing looking, and more importantly, working like new. I even drink it......well OK, i don't drink it, but it does smell nice :)

:huh: Hahaha.. I remember eating fire lighter's as a kid... Oop's...Flashback.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Atb

Marty :victory: