The old dear who lives a few houses down just gave me a present, for all the pigeon pies we have given her. A bag of self raising flour! She wanted to give something back for all the nice dinners we have given her. She admits she is probably the world's worst cook, so I did not have the heart to tell her that you use plain flour in shortcrust pastry!

It is nice to get a little something back!

• Like 1

Shortcrust half fat to flour, the technique I use though is to use salted butter! Works beautifully, makes a rich pastry that is perfect! Cube and rub butter into flour, then bind with a little cold water, rest it for 15 minutes in a fridge before rolling out. Easy!

Edited by secretagentmole

Hmmmmmm... scpetical you are still holding back on some amazing secret ;)

What type of fridge is it? Which shelf does it go on? What temp? Is the fridge south or east facing?

Ve have vays of making you talk!

Shortcrust half fat to flour, the technique I use though is to use salted butter! Works beautifully, makes a rich pastry that is perfect! Cube and rub butter into flour, then bind with a little cold water, rest it for 15 minutes in a fridge before rolling out. Easy!

Hey Mike,

any left over and you could send it through the S10, that way you could wrap the bunnies when you shoot them :D

Hey Mike,

any left over and you could send it through the S10, that way you could wrap the bunnies when you shoot them :D

:D :D :D:clapper: