Collie crosses ( to clever)

Why would u slip your dog on a rabbit that you and the dog knows it doesn't have a chance? I don't get what your trying to achieve by doing this..like said before your dog will just get sick of it..knock confidence out of it, and can lead to a yappy dog..

• Like 1

i think collie x dogs can lore a shit dog man in to a false scense of security in how good there dog traning skills realy are .... and thay start to thing that thay have trained the dog well when infact its the dog that trained them hence the dog runing what it wants working for its self and not the owner ......

How can a dog be too smart? that doesnt even make sense. If it stops running certain rabbits, there is a reason , and the reason is that it has learned what its capabilities are. what do you expect the dog to do, keep on running after them even when they have gone through the fence? smash into the fence? what? have a bit of a chase then turn away? think about it, any dog which kept running them bunnies wouldnt be welcome in my kennel, collie x or anything else.be grateful you have a smart enough dog to know its limits and aint gonna knacker itself out or bust itself up on no-chance runs

• Like 2

The collie cross is not for me. Have had them in years gone by & although i'm assured that good ones exsist,i,ve never owned or seem a good one run on the lamp. Now ferreting is a different thing altogether,all my collie crosses made great ferreting dogs & i've seen alot that are really good. Its horses for courses.

The collie cross is not for me. Have had them in years gone by & although i'm assured that good ones exsist,i,ve never owned or seem a good one run on the lamp. Now ferreting is a different thing altogether,all my collie crosses made great ferreting dogs & i've seen alot that are really good. Its horses for courses.

Im different,ive rarely seen a Collie cross,in good hands,failing to make a decent lamper.
  • Like 1