John Bowkett Scorpion SE .22 ( Custom )

Hi.

This piece of air gun history has only come up for sale because I have found and bought myself a L/H Walnut BSA S10 :boogy:................ its been a long search.

The Scorpion SE has been Re-worked - Blueprinted - Regulated - Tuned and fettled by the master himself John Bowkett, a lot of work and money has gone into this rifle.

John made a special regulator to fit my SE, the rifle can be filled to 250 bar, which will return 95 regulated shots approx.

The Avg Muzzle velocity when I last chronoed was 597FPS using Defient 14gr 5.52s. giving the rifle 11.08FTLB approx, and will produce a 1 1/4 group at 50yds, and my eye sight is not the best :D

The Barrel has been re crowned, and the shoulder machined exactly 90 degrees to the bore.

Breech entry has been modified for better feed.

Breechblock has been fitted with an over sized hold down screw to make it more secure.

The magazine bridging tray is modified, and so is the bolt nose.

The hammer assembly has been lightened and fitted with a synthetic guide made as a one off, to exactly fit the hammer spring being used.

The hammer travel ( stroke ) is a short 6mm giving a fast lock time. The hammer tube itself is honed and polished.

The exaust valve rear seal is modified, valve seat re-cut and the body is drilled and tapped to accept the oversize breechblock hold down screw.

The valve itself is changed and the body is modified to accept the internal regulator that john made for me, which contains NO springs.

The regulator does not interfere with the workings of the factory pressure guage which continues to read the main reservoir air pressure.

The inlet valve body is machined and fitted with a John Bowkett fast flow valve, which is maintenance free, and pump friendly.

Trigger sears are all polished and set to finer tolerances, so the shot release is ultra smooth.

The trigger itself is bored out and fitted with an oversize pivot pin to remove annoying sideway wobble.

There is a Bisley adjustable butt pad fitted too.

This is a custom rifle, above and beyond any that could be mass produced.

So there you have it, the rifle is very smooth in opperation and is a total joy to shoot, but I know it will be left behind now I have the new S10, which will also be off to John Bowkett for a total re-work.

I purchased this rifle in August 2011 so its now about 9 months old.

post-41269-0-78017600-1335604724.jpg

I am selling the custom rifle only ( No sight / studs or Bipod included ) for £475 + postage if required, I am based in Devon,and welcome face to face, no offers or swops please.

Payment via Paypal only.

Please PM me if interested.

Thank you for looking :thumbs:

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

Well Bill, i'd never thought i would have seen it up for sale. I have shot this gun, and yes it is Bills eyes, the accuracy is fantastic, and the action is so so silky smooth. I too shoot a bluprinted SE .22, but next to this regulated gun, it's chalk & cheese. Shooting on my range up to 65yds, Bills gun is faultless, personally i think it's worth a lot more, with what has been spent on it

My cabinet is full unfortunately, but somebody could get their hands on a very nice gun,

atb Rich :bye: