Acme crow caller advice

Hi all, has anyone tried these and what are your thoughts? I've had one for a few months and used it with no succes so far, it just doesn't sound like a crow to me? More like a flipping duck or something? Can anyone give me some advice on how to sound more like a crow and what situations it's best used in please.

Thanks in advance

Atb ant

I've got one, great bit of kit. I tend to use 3 high pitched blows for the "distressed" call. They then think something is wrong and come flying over. Try a bit of polystyrene on the side of a wet bottle, they think its a injured rabbit and come flying over looking for an easy meal.

ATB

Rik

I've got one, great bit of kit. I tend to use 3 high pitched blows for the "distressed" call. They then think something is wrong and come flying over. Try a bit of polystyrene on the side of a wet bottle, they think its a injured rabbit and come flying over looking for an easy meal.

ATB

Rik

yeah ive noticed that when i give a bit of squeek during the day to see if theres any foxes about, it does get the attention of the crows. i just cant seem to get this bloody caller to sound like a crow!!! The wife loves it when im running round the house trying to be a crow lol :nono:

ATB

Rik

yeah ive noticed that when i give a bit of squeek during the day to see if theres any foxes about, it does get the attention of the crows. i just cant seem to get this bloody caller to sound like a crow!!! The wife loves it when im running round the house trying to be a crow lol :nono:

:laugh: I had the same problem, I sounded like I was having a conversation with Daffy Duck!

Practise makes perfect though!

ATB

• 2 weeks later...

If you go on to YOUTUBE and type 'corvus sam' in to the search bar you'll get the videos that corvus sam has put up. This guy is from Belgium and he makes crow and magpie callers. He has a demo vid of how to use his crow caller and there is a difference in the sound depending on how you blow it. I don't know if it will work with yours, but it shows you different ways to blow. I bought a MID caller (magpie in distress) off of him and it's bloody brilliant, take a look at the video of the MID caller, it really is this good.