merle collie hound

The Collie x's are known to be clever for their own good they get bit that one time and never go in on fox again but there is Collie x's that are good fox dogs but they are few and far between what you want is lurcher out of foxing dogs and that could be anythink from a bull x or lurcher/lurcher breeding but the bull x is the more popular x for the job good look

For Heaven's sake you lot: its not the colour that determines whether or not the dog is any good. I've had daft merles and sensible merles. Some people do say that their colouring lends a certain something to the type of brain within the dog's head, but I'm loathe to label a dog as X, Y, or Z simply because of its colour. Collie types aren't everyone's cup of tea anyway: they're a bit like marmite! When a lurcher is created from a dog that has been domesticated for thousands of years to herd livestock, it's bound to act and work differently to a pure sighthound or terrier cross. You can either appreciate the Collie brain or run screaming in the opposite direction :laugh:

Mind you, certain people reckon that Collie lurchers, merle or otherwise, are often too intelligent for their owners :tongue2: :tongue2: Me? I like nothing better than to see that kind of brain in action, but it needs a fair bit of diluting, in my opinion.

• Like 1

a top collie x is very hard to beat for the edible game, and a pleasure to work with, if its Foxes you are after, go for a wheaton x but very hard mouthed for the bunnies after they start with the fox((( well that was the case of my mates one he would champ them from the neck down,,, only fit for ferret food, after the event,