Scope dilema

Hi mate,

I use a Hawke Sidewinder 30 3-12x50 IR model and its the best scope i have ever used on a air rifle.

Its probably got the thinnest reticule of all the Hawkes I've used too so very good for low mag longer range shots.

The Tac 30 model is also supposed to be a very good scope.

I'm fitting a TAC 30 Sidewinder onto my new Theoben when it comes later next year.

I know Ted, EdgunUSA uses the TAC 30 and he pulls off some amazing shots with his.

Whats up with you MTC though buddy. The Viper is also a top airgun scope.

Si.

Hi Si, hope your well mate. Been on and off the forum lately due to my laptop breaking and now having a 14 week old little girl - we've been busy! Yes re the scope, I'm not too keen on the SCB ret anymore, I find it too 'busy'. Thinking of swapping for a sidewinder. Incidentally what's the difference between the sidewinder and the TAC 30, I thought they were the same scope? Like you say, the good thing about the Hawke is the fine reticule - great for precision shooting which is why I find it appealing :)

Thanks for the link Davy, I think that has confirmed my decision. Now to look for a good second hand one and get my Viper up for sale.. what would be a reasonable asking price?

ATB

P.S The VerminHunter vids are top notch ;) Luckily I still have web access on my Samsung Galaxy S2

Edited by Elliott