Fixing cabinet to plasterboard

Has anyone had this problem? Just moved into a flat and have to get the feo out again :laugh:

I thought about fixing wood to the wall, but I'll have the same problem - how can they be securely fitted??

I can't lie it down as there isn't room where it's going.

Cheers an advance :thumbs:

Has anyone had this problem? Just moved into a flat and have to get the feo out again :laugh:

I thought about fixing wood to the wall, but I'll have the same problem - how can they be securely fitted??

when my old man moved into a bungalow (rip) he had the same problem. i had to drill through to the outer brick pass a threaded bars though secure the ends outside with a nut and cement them over :thumbs:

when my old man moved into a bungalow (rip) he had the same problem. i had to drill through to the outer brick pass a threaded bars though secure the ends outside with a nut and cement them over :thumbs:

:blink::laugh:

nightmare mate , them plaster board screws are wank , you need to find the studs and fix to them . good luck :laugh:

W@nker :laugh:

My mates a joiner he said he'd use plasterboard screws, I had a feeling they would be s**t :D

Right, I'm off to tap the walls for an hour lol

:blink::laugh:

nightmare mate , them plaster board screws are wank , you need to find the studs and fix to them . good luck :laugh:

W@nker :laugh:

My mates a joiner he said he'd use plasterboard screws, I had a feeling they would be s**t :D

Right, I'm off to tap the walls for an hour lol

just borrow a joist finder :laugh:

If it's an external wall then going through the plasterboard to the wall, and getting a good fixing in there, is the way forward.

If it's a stud wall then good luck getting it approved. The only way you could possibly do it, which I've seen done in mobile homes, is to put a large steel plate on the wall where the cabinet is to go, and one on the other side of the wall, then fix through outer steel, wall and inner steel into the cabinet. If you have a mate who's handy with a welder get him to weld the outer plate once the bolts are passed through.

If it's a dry lined external wall, the best option will be to get threaded bar (stainless is best) and bar cement from screw fix (like thishttp://www.screwfix.com/p/fischer-resin-capsules-16-x-125mm-pack-of-10/21348) . Drill through the plaster board in the associated locations that line up with your cabinet.

Now push the bar all the way in, measure and cut to length leaving 1 1/2" outside of the plaster board. Do it four times. Now set the bar in the hols using the resin cement fixing. Be Careful not to get any on the threads!! Once set, screw nuts on the bar, right tight up to the wall, put another on and another until the nuts are 1/16" jutting out from the plaster board, you can use washers as well to get the right level. Now simply bolt on your cabinet. The cabinet will not crush the plaster board because the nuts will hold it just clear of the board if that makes sense.

John

Find the joist and get a couple of heavy duty coach screws and screw in. Coach screw it too the floor as well and silicon it up. I dont know about other peoples FEO but mines are pretty alright and use a bit common sense rather than stupid regulations. If you have it in a cupboard then put a lock on that, they like that too............ :thumbs:

my house is timber framed and i put mine in a built in wardrobe and used coach screws into the timbes, the feo was fine for my shotgun, ive done the same with my ammo box as i will be sending in for my fac soon, my friend who lives across the wall has a same house and he did this and was passed so not all doom and gloom mate

my house is timber framed and i put mine in a built in wardrobe and used coach screws into the timbes, the feo was fine for my shotgun, ive done the same with my ammo box as i will be sending in for my fac soon, my friend who lives across the wall has a same house and he did this and was passed so not all doom and gloom mate

Cheers mate, I've found a joist in the bedroom cupboard so I'll screw it into the floor, and one half onto the joist, then put a padlock on the cupboard and deadbolts on the door.

Fort Knox they won't complain :laugh:

Cheers mate, I've found a joist in the bedroom cupboard so I'll screw it into the floor, and one half onto the joist, then put a padlock on the cupboard and deadbolts on the door.

Fort Knox they won't complain :laugh:

yh that should be more than enough pal