Ok...PLEASE don't flame me.

Hi

I'm new to the forum and all this country/gamekeeping/shooting for sport stuff.

The reason I'm on here is a couple of guys who drink in my local are into shooting, well actually, one's a gamekeeper...and I was talking to them about jewellery stuff I make and they said I should do game fairs BUT before I go traipsing along with my wares and seeing what floats your boat in that arena I just wanted to get a feel of what to expect at a game fair and what type of opinions/people I may encounter. If I do something I like to find out about it, rather than just turn-up, know nothing and not be able to speak to people for being too ignorant.

If I think of countryside, horses, game fairs, I think of fox hunting and shooting. I know it's cliche and I'm really not here to judge, just to get more informed from people that do this than read about stuff that's not right. I am a complete thicky on why hunts happen and what constitutes the right way to hunt animals and for what purpose. Are game fairs just about catering to shooting/hunts/dogs?

By the way - Is it just foxes that get hunted at 'hunts'? Is it easier to trap/shoot etc or is it just the tradition that sustains that way of hunting? Is fox hunting more about the blokes on horses, the dogs or the fox AND is it just one fox?

See, told you I was a thicky about this. Am genuinely interested to understand more and how stuff came about (good and bad as long as factual) and peoples opinions on what's still relevant or on the up/decline.

My personal opinion is if there's a reason to shoot something - food, clothes, land management then I understand that, but don't understand shooting something to have it's head on the wall.

Thanks for reading and any info/opinions you may want to share for the good of insight to enlighten a thicky.

Unless your making jewellery for foxes then i'd imagine folk wont be to bothered about your opinions. Unless your some kind of raving anti that hates all aspects of shooting/hunting but i'd doubt that if you'd like to sell anything... :hmm:

First of all welcome to forum....You will find that gamefairs will cater for most stalls but you will ofcourse have to layout a small amount of cash for your pitch...also foxhunting is not all about blokes on horses....This is a subject i will refuse to get into due to the amount of anti's who like to pop up on this site and cause us a pain in the rear lol.....im glad your intrested and have an open mind on subject and im sure others will be willing to help you understand

• Like 1

Hi

I'm new to the forum and all this country/gamekeeping/shooting for sport stuff.

The reason I'm on here is a couple of guys who drink in my local are into shooting, well actually, one's a gamekeeper...and I was talking to them about jewellery stuff I make and they said I should do game fairs BUT before I go traipsing along with my wares and seeing what floats your boat in that arena I just wanted to get a feel of what to expect at a game fair and what type of opinions/people I may encounter. If I do something I like to find out about it, rather than just turn-up, know nothing and not be able to speak to people for being too ignorant.

If I think of countryside, horses, game fairs, I think of fox hunting and shooting. I know it's cliche and I'm really not here to judge, just to get more informed from people that do this than read about stuff that's not right. I am a complete thicky on why hunts happen and what constitutes the right way to hunt animals and for what purpose. Are game fairs just about catering to shooting/hunts/dogs?

By the way - Is it just foxes that get hunted at 'hunts'? Is it easier to trap/shoot etc or is it just the tradition that sustains that way of hunting? Is fox hunting more about the blokes on horses, the dogs or the fox AND is it just one fox?

See, told you I was a thicky about this. Am genuinely interested to understand more and how stuff came about (good and bad as long as factual) and peoples opinions on what's still relevant or on the up/decline.

My personal opinion is if there's a reason to shoot something - food, clothes, land management then I understand that, but don't understand shooting something to have it's head on the wall.

Thanks for reading and any info/opinions you may want to share for the good of insight to enlighten a thicky.

By the way - Is it just foxes that get hunted at 'hunts'. I dont think people will openly talk about this

I see this, as if your shooting anything for the reason you have mentioned then the head on the wall is the bi-product

its a lot of probing your doing and a lot questions your asking ,like lab said its very suspect of being an anti .

I really have no option about hunts and hunting its no my scene so i stay off the subject , but i think you would be most welcome at a Game fair selling your jewellery most are just country fairs now and all that matters to the organisers are how much they get for the pitches and how much they can squeeze out us for a entry fee

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Hve been having a squizz about on various forums and articles etc and absolutely see why what I've written would be viewed as an interrogation or an anti thing. I'm just bloody nosey if something interests me. Also keep forgetting fox hunting banned and therefore not a subject to talk about on a forum - a pub thing I think!

I suppose I just don't want to book something and get stuck getting stressed out with a load of twonks for a weekend.

Some of the fees for fairs are extortionate!

I make silver jewellery (mainly all oriented towards mum's and kids stuff ie. kids handprints/fingerprints on key-rings, cufflinks etc) but am doing more and more bespoke stuff and they guys in pub wanted things like pictures of their gun-dogs on their keyrings or a pheasant in flight etc etc... This weekend am making moulds from the metal stamped end bit of cartridge (not sure what it's called) and turning them into cufflinks and got a few people who have expressed interest in this. Also was thinking of making some cufflinks with Run Rabbit Run on them but didn't know if it's just me that thinks that's ok?

So I'm trying to get a feel for what's what with types of pple and was obviously too enquiring and prob too honest. Apologies for freaking anyone out.

Thanks StevoSmith - will do. Taking the moulds on Monday so will hopefully hve some stuff to post up next week. The sites called Silveressence.co.uk - but that's all oriented towards kids stuff so prob misleading as to the sort of thing wld be aiming for at for fairs.