northunberland watch out

The powers given to police under Section 59 could be used to confiscate but they would still have to give you the reasons and appropiate documentation before they enforced it.

Section 59

(1) Where a constable in uniform has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used on any occasion in a manner which-

(a) contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off-road driving), and

(B) is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public,

he shall have the powers set out in subsection (3).

(2) A constable in uniform shall also have the powers set out in subsection (3) where he has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle has been used on any occasion in a manner falling within subsection (1).

(3) Those powers are-

(a) power, if the motor vehicle is moving, to order the person driving it to stop the vehicle;

(B) power to seize and remove the motor vehicle;

© power, for the purposes of exercising a power falling within paragraph (a) or (B), to enter any premises on which he has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be;

(d) power to use reasonable force, if necessary, in the exercise of any power conferred by any of paragraphs to (a) to ©.

(4) A constable shall not seize a motor vehicle in the exercise of the powers conferred on him by this section unless-

(a) he has warned the person appearing to him to be the person whose use falls within subsection (1) that he will seize it, if that use continues or is repeated; and

(B) it appears to him that the use has continued or been repeated after the the warning.

(5) Subsection (4) does not require a warning to be given by a constable on any occasion on which he would otherwise have the power to seize a motor vehicle under this section if-

(a) the circumstances make it impracticable for him to give the warning;

(B) the constable has already on that occasion given a warning under that subsection in respect of any use of that motor vehicle or of another motor vehicle by that person or any other person;

© the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that such a warning has been given on that occasion otherwise than by him; or

(d) the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that the person whose use of that motor vehicle on that occasion would justify the seizure is a person to whom a warning under that subsection has been given (whether or not by that constable or in respect the same vehicle or the same or a similar use) on a previous occasion in the previous twelve months.

(6) A person who fails to comply with an order under subsection (3)(a) is guilty of an offence and shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(7) Subsection (3)© does not authorise entry into a private dwelling house.

(8) The powers conferred on a constable by this section shall be exercisable only at a time when regulations under section 60 are in force.

Edited by David K

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could be driving about doing daily business if there is no insurance on your car you take the risk of being pulled and having it taken by the police..... WATCH OUT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   E

It's been bad up corbridge for years mate some good sport though

Theres ALLWAYS more to it... but we NEVER get the full story !   Cheers.

So now you say the vehicle was confiscated for no insurance, which is not unusual. They issue 6 points plus a fine for this unless you can prove the driver had insurance at the time. You still have to pay for the recovery and storage though, so the feckers still hit you in the pocket.

they try 2 say my driver had no insurence but didnt take him 2 court for it it was all just a scam he must off been board the d,ck

A thought this happened last night never took him to court for it need to be quick think your full of sh--e mate :whistling:
after lamping a few fields at a local spot ave done for years last night in northhumberland some wan,ker of a policemen give us a pull and took the new dog bus and left us miles away from home out in the sticks just watch out boys and girls if yous lamping around that area atb stag

You could be driving about doing daily business if there is no insurance on your car you take the risk of being pulled and having it taken by the police..... WATCH OUT :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Easily sorted get some insurance like the rest of us have to do!!!!

Edited by Josy
  • Like 3

So basicaly; you got a pull because the driver had no insurance, nothing to do with lamping, poaching, hunting, etc !! What did you expect ? It's suicide going out anytime with a motor that hasn't got all the correct documents, these days, let alone a motor full of lads, dogs and lamps ! All the cop has to do is take a pic of your number plate, and BINGO, in seconds he knows everything about the car and the driver !

Cheers.

they try 2 say my driver had no insurence but didnt take him 2 court for it it was all just a scam he must off been board the d,ck

A thought this happened last night never took him to court for it need to be quick think your full of sh--e mate :whistling:

talking shit dont think so mate ye do get the odd cock end of a policeman or do ye not get out with the dogs to find out :hmm:

Basically they can do what they want, i was stopped in the van last year coming back from permission with dogs game and lamps in the van they said they had pulled me as i dint have insurance and after a million questions re dogs etc said they was confiscating van due to it not showing on database i argued as i knew i had policy at home and rang wife to bring as it was 10 mins from my house she turns up with policy and all i got was it flung back at me and told get on your way that over 50 mins and if i hadnt of got our lass to bring doc van would have been impounded i reckon they knew it was insured but was giving me a tug to see what i was up to at 2am

Best thing you can do is check to see if your vehicle is on the database

- this is the one the police use, so if your on there, then the police can not pull you

for no insurance, if they do and you know your on the database, then you have a case to complain.

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Thats a great tool, just checked mine lol.

talking shit dont think so mate ye do get the odd cock end of a policeman or do ye not get out with the dogs to find out :hmm:

Had my fair share with the police i know what there like from pc to serious crime squad .what i was saying to get done at night then didnt take him to court the next day dont think so for no insurence not that serious is it .And for your silly statment do i not get out with the dogs much to find out what the police r like what is that all about maybe not stupid (like yourself) to get caught :bye:

Basically they can do what they want, i was stopped in the van last year coming back from permission with dogs game and lamps in the van they said they had pulled me as i dint have insurance and after a million questions re dogs etc said they was confiscating van due to it not showing on database i argued as i knew i had policy at home and rang wife to bring as it was 10 mins from my house she turns up with policy and all i got was it flung back at me and told get on your way that over 50 mins and if i hadnt of got our lass to bring doc van would have been impounded i reckon they knew it was insured but was giving me a tug to see what i was up to at 2am

SHOCKING they can be b----ds

The law has changed recently with car insurance, vehicles must now have insurance to be on the road and be registered on MID. If its not on MID and you dont have insurance documents in your possesion it will be impounded untill you can provide the relevant documents or disposed of within a certain time if you cannot. You will also have to pay the costs for towing away, storage, etc.

Best thing you can do is check to see if your vehicle is on the database

- this is the one the police use, so if your on there, then the police can not pull you

for no insurance, if they do and you know your on the database, then you have a case to complain.

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Thats a great tool, just checked mine lol.

I check mine every time i change insurances, have only ever been pulled once

in the 8 years of driving and that was because i forgot to mot my car, he also got me on needing a new tyre

although he let me off with that and just gave me a warning and a producer for the mot,

produced new mot a few days later and never heard anything again.

Warning as well E car insurance anyone with them, check you actualy have insurance,

friend has had her car impounded - there stating she has no insurance, even though she has been

paying for insurance with e car, turns out the met police are investagating them already.

I live near Corbridge and I drive and walk around the area every day and most nights. I have an allotment in the area, and allways have the dogs in the car, and usualy my lamping gear. I've never had a pull yet, but if they were to stop me and try to take my motor for no reason, I'd be straight onto a brief and the Police Complaints Commission ! Surely they can't have a leg to stand on if all your documents were in order and you wern't actualy lamping, or had any ilegal game in the car ????

Cheers.

the above is totally correct! police complaints commission is the way to go, atb in getting the motor back