Pups been ill for 2 weeks, suspected Urine Track Infection treated with antibiotics.. not working....Urine test from the bladder revile that the liver and kidneys arnt working correctly .. vets said looks like "Liver Shunts" , Ive just been reading up about this and it isnt looking good :(. Just when i was getting him onto rats ...Sickner!

Cheers lads , i will let them know dave pal no worries there .. he's 6 month old i only took him ratting a few weeks back he had a go at one we caught in a live trap didnt kill but was 1st go , Prior to that he was ill and it cleared up , i thought he was fine or i wouldnt have took him but since then its relapsed, He's in the vets 1st thing for bloods but its like i said to my dad is it worth the money for the operation and treatment ?? il have a better idea in the morning see what the vets say but from reading up about this "liver Shunt" it seems like its one of them cases where you can quite quickly be into the 1000's with the vets bills.....fingers crossed ..wait and see im just worried atm

bedlingtons used to suffer with copper toxosis which afeccts the live r, not liver shunts , liver shunts are in the genes and can sometimes be fixed but more often than not the pup doesnt grow normally there usally on the small and skinny side i am sorry to say PTS is probably your best and kindest thing mate , gutted for you

Hes' a Fell x Border/Lakeland as far as i know .. Now whether the sire had beddy blood in im not 100% sure??? sire being the border/lakeland. i hear what your saying topper i think if this can be fixed it will be :thumbs: , He's been to the Vets on Saturday ..they took bloods to test for what dietary needs to give him?? rang back with results but we missed the call so my dad did a bit of research and was adamant that Chicken was ok...and the pup has seemed to Perk up hes scoffed loads and is even on the playful side with other dog, He is however still weak and thin but the slight perk puts a smile on my face :) . We aren't giving up on him quite yet but i know to PTS may be the best thing only time will tell ..poor sod.

The Pup is in the Vets again tomorrow for Blood test (again) think these are to check what there dealing with ..and also Ultrasound scan of liver so will let you know what goes on (if ewt the robbing T@@@s) Atb lads

My pup woke up today no word of a lie "full of beans" :huh: .. couldnt believe it lol, had to chase him round the garden to get him in to go see the vet , Good signs :thumbs: must have been my dads chicken haha!!.. At the vets he had a checkup on the water infection ..no sign,, also ultrasound which came clear of the "shunt! thank god!! also had bloods taken to run a few tests to see what has/is actually going on . So not out of the woods quite yet but im so bloody relived :D