Woodies at Roost

Right i've been told by two "Extreme Hunters" now that i'm in the wrong for trying to be helpful with my comments. It would appear that before posting any comments that i need to check the law, all i was intending to do was to try and help a fellow shooter. I will try to curtail my posts in future and if i can't research all of my posts i may have to leave this web-site and find one that has members that are helpful to each other.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be far easier to do a bit of research before posting,its not hard............http://bit.ly/GJjmPa

Right i've been told by two "Extreme Hunters" now that i'm in the wrong for trying to be helpful with my comments. It would appear that before posting any comments that i need to check the law, all i was intending to do was to try and help a fellow shooter. I will try to curtail my posts in future and if i can't research all of my posts i may have to leave this web-site and find one that has members that are helpful to each other.

:cray: ...................... :bye:

No thanks, i was just trying to be helpful to you. Without knowing you or what is your background, i just brought something to your attention something that i thought you should be aware of. If you already knew the law on this matter, all it would have taken was a line saying that fact. But all i got was silly childish comments. I thought this forum like most was here to be of help to others, like at the moment i have a post regarding scope that is stiff to operate. The replys that i have up till now have been helpful with suggestions.

And to everybodies fact file, i am 54 and dont like being talked down too, i am a serious minded man who can have a laugh at the right time. And as i have already stated if we are too far apart then i can not be bothered to join a creche.

Roger

Nice account Dunc, love the French one liner, pure class. Nothing like getting a few Woodies as they sit on the branches is there?

Roger old chap, before you bang on about what the law is it does help to check it first. For instance, the legal times for shooting birds at roost is one hour before sun rise to one hour after sun set! That is the time you can shoot. I was educated about roost shooting times when I said I was gong to be a tree and try and shoot some in a wood I regained permission to shoot in after the ownership changed hands (when it changed owners you see my permission was nullified, so I had to make contact and re establish permission with the new owner),

Since then I have helped many a pigeon pop it's clogs and have experienced many wonderful dinners as a result. Also had some pheasants at roost too, same rule applies you know, just have to watch the season dates (October the first till February the First) and the pheasants I have shot, 8, have been replaced by new boys moving in, ah lovely, starting to gather the harems together now, so more pheasants will hatch and grow up ready for October!

Edited by secretagentmole

No thanks, i was just trying to be helpful to you. Without knowing you or what is your background, i just brought something to your attention something that i thought you should be aware of. If you already knew the law on this matter, all it would have taken was a line saying that fact. But all i got was silly childish comments. I thought this forum like most was here to be of help to others, like at the moment i have a post regarding scope that is stiff to operate. The replys that i have up till now have been helpful with suggestions.

And to everybodies fact file, i am 54 and dont like being talked down too, i am a serious minded man who can have a laugh at the right time. And as i have already stated if we are too far apart then i can not be bothered to join a creche.

Roger

Well for your fact file, no one likes to be talked down to, you tried to be a smart arse without even knowing the law yourself, no one talked down at you, just asked that before you post incorrect information that you check the validation of the information you were trying to impart, and you take umbrage, may i say that i find that to be very childish.

Most on here have been shooting for years, and know the law well, they are a great bunch of lads, with years of experience, who are more than willing to help and advise, but don't like to be taught how to suck eggs..

Duncan great shooting and write up, really enjoyed reading it, i must go with Mike and do so roost shooting this coming week, you have inspired me..

atb

Mary

I love you all. Legislation is not mean't for us serfs. It's written by lawyers for lawyers and not even they can get it right because they forget we're all humans and not walking boxes to be ticked and categorised... a quagmire best left to the brave/foolish in my lowly and humble opinion.

I like hunting. I like humans. I like writing. I like this forum and all its varied and colourful contributors. Bless you all.

Xxx

well poor Rodger got it in the neck then, would a simple 'no mate, the law is.... and then tell him. OK his post was miss directed, but he without sin cast the first stone?. . . i know my stone would be staying in my pocket, I like all humans get things wrong. Seems a sad fact that on HL minorities act in a very discourteous way... :hmm:. For the write up well done, should come along and show the air gun skills at a meet Duncan, I am hope full going to Si's and Davy one.... Hope the dog ok Paul he is a cracker. :thumbs:

ATB

Gaz

well poor Rodger got it in the neck then, would a simple 'no mate, the law is.... and then tell him. OK his post was miss directed, but he without sin cast the first stone?. . . i know my stone would be staying in my pocket, I like all humans get things wrong. Seems a sad fact that on HL minorities act in a very discourteous way... :hmm:. For the write up well done, should come along and show the air gun skills at a meet Duncan, I am hope full going to Si's and Davy one.... Hope the dog ok Paul he is a cracker. :thumbs:

ATB

Gaz

its not flash mate,its diesel but i didnt take either to keep him calm. hard work without a dog even when your asleep for most of the afternoon :laugh: :laugh: