For the expert this will seem stupid...

Only ever owned one she was a good worker and one hell of an escape artist, But she died at 4 years old from copper toxicosis. This as i have been told and read about was because of her being beddy/whippet x beddy/whippet the copper gene was reinstated, Since then 1988 i have only had first crosses.

I thought a % of the litter would throw almost total bedlington and a % towards the whippet with around a third chucking what you want. This could be total drivel ..... i would like to hear a knowlegable reply, as im curious now :)

it wouldn't look like a first cross if thats what you mean.............................obvioulsy the gene pool will be getting more & more you move away from the first cross.

"better"................not really an answer for that mate......all depends what 'look' you like, and what work you are doing.

Like all dogs everyone has a preference and the combinations and percentages vary so much..............I know a lad that will only have lurchers bred out of 5/8 3/8 bull x 5/8 3/8 bull x..........all of matter of opinion.

Personally if I had need for a beddy wipp..then I'd go for a first cross :)

I thought a % of the litter would throw almost total bedlington and a % towards the whippet with around a third chucking what you want. This could be total drivel ..... i would like to hear a knowlegable reply, as im curious now :)

That's what Plummer used to say....it's not an exact science I'm afraid. More than likely they'd look like bedlington whippets ;)

Don't think breeding any cross is an exact science.I have a first cross beddyxwhippet,that i bought from a lad on here.The bitch i bought was fawn with some white and blue in the face and chest and relatively flat coated,a couple of people said it couldn't be a first cross as they are "ALWAYS" blue and rough coated,the lad i bought the bitch off owned both parent's,the dame was a blue Rillington beddy,and the sire a very strong looking white and black whippet.I do not doubt this lad for a second and i have a mate who's first cross was a fawn dog with a blue/black muzzle.Over the last couple of week's my pup has started to change (she's now 12 weeks old)her coat is becoming very harsh and wirey and she is getting very hairy around the muzzle,not only this but the fawn colour is now getting quite silvery and the dark muzzle is lightening.Now,is my dog a fecking alien,or just different?

First pic is at 6 week's old other two are at 12 weeks.

cant see the problem with it either stabs

is right about the plummer thing.

if both parents are worked well it cant be too bad

to breed from them.

if it was me i would look for a beddy cross greyhound

just to bring up the height a bit.

best of luck what ever you do.

all the best

macker