can eating frozen raw food cause bloat?

i was under the impresion that feeding frozen raw cuts ocasionally was ok but a family member has just informed me that this might be a bad idea

does anyone have any comments on this.she has only had frozen when we have forgot to defrost her dinner but i will stop if i know this isnt good

Proper husky dogs eat frozen food all the time ... However a microwave costs pennies and takes minutes to defrost dog food so you shouldn't have to feed frozen ever ...........

• Like 3

Ive given mine frozen quite often, normally chicken wings or carcases - never cause a problem so far

reason mine get it frozen is so they take their time eating it.

the dobermans used to get fed frozen chicken mince in summer when it was hot,

as they lived out it meant the meat didn't go off as quick - never affected them either.

dogs get bloat through ingesting air into the stomach when eating, it shouldnt matter if the food is frozen or not. Just keep an eye on how fast they eat try to slow them down if there eating too fast. some say elevate their food bowls this also helps reduce the amount of air they take. Best of luck

As socks say its unlikely to cause problems, perhaps a nasty ice cream headache, as huskies get frozen fish all winter. As I feed the main meal in the morning I take out the rabbit in the eve before bed and by the morning its defrosted.

dogs get bloat through ingesting air into the stomach when eating, it shouldnt matter if the food is frozen or not. Just keep an eye on how fast they eat try to slow them down if there eating too fast. some say elevate their food bowls this also helps reduce the amount of air they take. Best of luck

this is what i would of thought ,she drags her food out the bowl straight into her bed anyway and lies down with it.