Nitesite works its magic.

Hi all.

Arranged to meet my shooting buddies Rich, and John for a look around with the NS200 and my muckers IR300 and video camera.

Made our way to one of my permissions while it was still light and got set up with the kit.

A minute or two later the ns200 is on the Sculptra, and ready to go, so easy and quick to set up.

We had a quick look around the corner of a hedge and saw a couple of bunnies sat out a little from the verge.

I made my way to a shooting position as the light was leaving us, getting propper dimpsy now.

Could still make out the hedge row and verge, but was starting to strain my eyes while looking at it.

Switched on the ns200 and all was clear again, it was like looking in daylight, the picture clarity is brilliant on this unit.

Gently scanning the hedgerow from left to right, I saw several pairs eyes being lit up by the ns200s IR , all inside the cover of the brush.

Then, eventialy one ventured out onto the verge at about 25yds to my left, I watched him for a while on the screen, munching on the the grass.

Placing the ret picture on his head, I chose my aim mark, and squeezed the shot off.

A satisfying crack, and the rabbit dropped, giving a wave with the back legs.

Rich heard the shot and came over from where he was having a look about, and layed down beside me.

We talked about the shot, and how far it was, where it was etc.

I passed the Sculptra and ns200 to Rich so he could have a scan around, and hopfully get a shot off aswell, but nothing showed for a while.

Then John came over too for a look and a chat.

Next, another rabbit broke cover from the hedge, its eyes lit up beatifully, and its shape easily recognised, and sharp on the screen.

Estimated at 45yds, squeezed the shot off and down he went, clean and quick kill.

Had another two kills at about 30yds and another at 45ish, but we could not find the buggers anywhere.

Rich was convinced one fell down the hole again, we searched, but couldnt find.

The mini lightwieght battery I bought lasted for about 2 1/2hrs on half, to full IR, so was very pleased with that.

Having the two batteries will give me 5hrs out if needed.

I think Rich may be parting with MORE of the kids inheritance soon.......the tears were quite upsetting :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::tongue2:

Rich, and John, thanks for a great couple of hours out :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

It was a vey enjoyable evening, and yes, it is a smasming bit of kit. The first question i asked Bill when i joined him was, what channel you on, it was that good. It has to be said that it puts the ir300 to shame, but having said that it's six times the price. Jon had rabbits with it, and used two camcorder batteries up before he had to pack in, the laser was still going strong. Never before have i seen so many bunnies than when looking through the ns200, A lot were at distance, and we were behind Jon, by a fair way, and still saw more rabbits than him.

As has been said, it was impressive and the seed has been set, thinking of parting with the ir300,

cheers Rich

Good write up mate, question, does the NV stuff increase the weight much on your set up. Might have to wait till Xmas for a decent NV kit.

Hi Mawders.

Cheers buddy.

The wieght of the whole set up adds less than 2lb on the rifle, hardly notice it mate to be honest.

Keep your eye open, lots of demos for the ns going around the country :thumbs:

I hope Santa is kind too you :yes::D:thumbs:

Bill

It was a vey enjoyable evening, and yes, it is a smasming bit of kit. The first question i asked Bill when i joined him was, what channel you on, it was that good. It has to be said that it puts the ir300 to shame, but having said that it's six times the price. Jon had rabbits with it, and used two camcorder batteries up before he had to pack in, the laser was still going strong. Never before have i seen so many bunnies than when looking through the ns200, A lot were at distance, and we were behind Jon, by a fair way, and still saw more rabbits than him.

As has been said, it was impressive and the seed has been set, thinking of parting with the ir300,

cheers Rich

That seed must be nearly sprouting now :laugh::whistling:

Where's the pix ST? end of day (night) shot, even just one with kit in action :D

Hello Stealthy mate.

We did take some pictures at the end of the night.

Unfortunately its a new camera I had, and I had not set it up properly, tried to edit it in picasa, and that said sorry file to big :hmm:

even the the blades of grass looked like tree trunks......I hate techy stuff......will sort it though.

ATB.

Bill.