Great Days ferreting On the Shropshire Hills.

Guest vin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fair play to you boys .an enjoyable day out and a few rabs to share,dogs mark in loads of ways but what i say is any mark is better than a false one, good on ya boys ,,those hills look familiar to me

your wrong there mate......dont forget he has 3/8 5/8 75lb tod his bull x,,,,,only joking bird,,,dougle dont get wound up i here he's a sound bloke, and he does his share,,,,and dont forget if folk

Posted Images

thanks again for a enjoyable day out lads. :thumbs:

Thanks for the invite young man..your a gent.

Heres a vid of Bryn showing us his Marking skills..

For those who wonder why he's at it so long..its just for fun..we normally let the other dogs give it the once over and then as soon as Bryn start chewing or digging we move him away from the hole and net up.

but if he does any of this we know without a doubt A bunny is at home.. . I would take bets on it.

th_FerretingShropshirehills21022012BrynMarkin100.jpg

no been cheeky boys wouldnt call that a good marking dog digging at burrows makeing to much noise a good marking dog is a silent mark a stare or lye down on top of burrow each to there own atb

Once Bryn has looked at a hole he has a little chew..thats enough to say the theres someone home..He doesnt carry on diggin like that when were netting up and ferreting.. It was just to show for a laugh. . . he does the stare 1st..lol.

Not being cheeky Dougall and agree with you..some dogs are so subtle at marking you have to know how to read them also..my mates spaniel almost winks at him..its excellent..my dog does the pointy stare..

The hole hes digging away at is a hole with one they chased down into,but we decided not to net and ferret because it was to big and deep,so we were moving onto next set..but bryn wanted to stay..LOL

one thing is for sure i would take a dog like Bryn ferreting with me any day of the week and know i could come home with something in the bag without a doubt if theres a rabbit above or below ground he will find it.,flush it from any cover like a terrier would,catch it and bring it back. What more could you ask of a rabbiting dog.

no been cheeky boys wouldnt call that a good marking dog digging at burrows makeing to much noise a good marking dog is a silent mark a stare or lye down on top of burrow each to there own atb

Once Bryn has looked at a hole he has a little chew..thats enough to say the theres someone home..He doesnt carry on diggin like that when were netting up and ferreting.. It was just to show for a laugh. . . he does the stare 1st..lol.

Not being cheeky Dougall and agree with you..some dogs are so subtle at marking you have to know how to read them also..my mates spaniel almost winks at him..its excellent..my dog does the pointy stare..

The hole hes digging away at is a hole with one they chased down into,but we decided not to net and ferret because it was to big and deep,so we were moving onto next set..but bryn wanted to stay..LOL

one thing is for sure i would take a dog like Bryn ferreting with me any day of the week and know i could come home with something in the bag without a doubt if theres a rabbit above or below ground he will find it.,flush it from any cover like a terrier would,catch it and bring it back. What more could you ask of a rabbiting dog.

well done but is that not what most rabbit dogs do no trying to bring him or his dog down but to me it is just a normal thing a rabbit dog is suppose to do apart from digging and biteing at a burrow if any of my dogs done that i would be dissaponted with them atb

well done but is that not what most rabbit dogs do no trying to bring him or his dog down but to me it is just a normal thing a rabbit dog is suppose to do apart from digging and biteing at a burrow if any of my dogs done that i would be dissaponted with them atb

maybe your just a lucky guy who has always had and been around perfect dogs my friend...i have seen many dogs marking holes...in many different styles...its about the acuracy of that mark at the end of the day..

its a bit like dicks innit. ?.. its not what youve got its how you use it.

I would be more dissapointed in a false mark than how that mark is made.

ATB

my dogs r far from perfect but dont false mark or dig and chew at burrows i just dont see how you can say it is one of the best rabbit dogs you or him has seen not trying to bring him or his dog down the worse thing use done was put that video up use to think bryn was a decent dog with all the bumming about it atb

my dogs r far from perfect but dont false mark or dig and chew at burrows i just dont see how you can say it is one of the best rabbit dogs you or him has seen not trying to bring him or his dog down the worse thing use done was put that video up use to think bryn was a decent dog with all the bumming about it atb

Tell ya what Dougall..you seem to be going out of your way to make a point thats pointless..I said in the 1st post it was for a laugh.. As if anyone would go out ferriting in that fashion..you would be digging at every burrow.. what do you think we are ... ? numpties ?

If you dont wanna say anything positive or constructive my friend.. :whistling:

I wish my dog was perfect...but its a long way from that. . . we all have our faults. . . so it seems.

all dogs mark in a differnt way, Bryn will do the norm ( stare,and stand still ) but when he start to( scratch) at the hole you know a 100% that you got a rabbit in there. To me all his doing is letting you know , it wont be a waste of time like that the (norm way) might do , and anybody who as had dogs have done now or then . And regards the noise as soon as he starts to chew or scratch, he is moved away from the berry, and dougall you know that . And his last marks were 25 rabbits, and in my book that a good marking dog, and to have a dog give bags like that (who) main job is lamping i think thats Brill. And to honest dougall its open forum, you can say what you like but most would think on here that Bryn does a good job with the bags he will get you . :yes:

BIRD NOT BRING ING YOU DOWN BUT EVERY POST IT BRYN THIS BRYN THAT IF YOUR DOG WAS CHOCALATE YOU WOULD OF EA T IT A LONG TIME AGO NEVER HEARD ANYBODY BUM ABOUT THERE DOG LIKE YOU THEN YOUR MATE PUTS A VIDEO UP OF YOUR DOG EATIG A BERRY AS YOU CALL IT FAIR PLAY TO YOU YOU GET OUT AND ABOUT IF WE HAD YOUR TIME TO WORK OUR DOGS THEY WOULD BE GOOD AND VIN DONT BELEIVE WHAT YOR OTHER HALF SAYS ABOUT SIZE IT DOES MATTER LOL AND IF WE ALL HAD GROUND THAT WAS MOVING WITH RABBITS WE WOULD ALL HAVE DECENT BAGS BIRD THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BLOWING YOUR ON TRUMPET RANT OVER ATB

BIRD NOT BRING ING YOU DOWN BUT EVERY POST IT BRYN THIS BRYN THAT IF YOUR DOG WAS CHOCALATE YOU WOULD OF EA T IT A LONG TIME AGO NEVER HEARD ANYBODY BUM ABOUT THERE DOG LIKE YOU THEN YOUR MATE PUTS A VIDEO UP OF YOUR DOG EATIG A BERRY AS YOU CALL IT FAIR PLAY TO YOU YOU GET OUT AND ABOUT IF WE HAD YOUR TIME TO WORK OUR DOGS THEY WOULD BE GOOD AND VIN DONT BELEIVE WHAT YOR OTHER HALF SAYS ABOUT SIZE IT DOES MATTER LOL AND IF WE ALL HAD GROUND THAT WAS MOVING WITH RABBITS WE WOULD ALL HAVE DECENT BAGS BIRD THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BLOWING YOUR ON TRUMPET RANT OVER ATB

not blowing my own trumpet on Bryn, because he as lots of faults if they are faults, he's not keen teeth, not great wind, and very sensitve temp which pisses me off lot of times. So he aint a great lurcher far from it, but one thing he is good at is rabbits day+ night. And i dont give f**k what you think him as rabbit dog, i am more than happy with him at this job, and thats all that matters to me ..!

bird i think bryn is a decent dog at what he does not taking that away from it you and you trumpet blowing it bryn done this bryn done that ive never heard a grown man bum so much about a dog my brotherinlaw says its the best dog hes seen this one says that we all get complements about our dogs but we dont come on here and bum our load at first i thought you were a young boy never knew you were a grown man i know people on this site that wont read your posts because its meme and bryn i know your more than happy with your dog ffs if i never gathered that i would be daft anyway enough said im away to take my average dogs oot atb