LAND WANTED FOR FAC ...

Guest fuggytail

Guest fuggytail

Hi guys im looking for some land to shoot over for a fac rifle .Iv been shooting a long time now but the land i shoot on is only for my shotgun and is not fac passed .If anyone can help im willing to pay and help out with anything thats got to be done on the land fences extra .Id be looking in areas like shropshire wales and surrounding areas thanks for reading atb fuggy......

Guest fuggytail

Ok, I thought that, was wondering if not how you got the fac without land that's passed. You do know that you'll be tied to whatever land you acquire until they grant you an open ticket.

Ok, I thought that, was wondering if not how you got the fac without land that's passed. You do know that you'll be tied to whatever land you acquire until they grant you an open ticket.

Yes mate they wouldnt grant me a open for five years after i had my fac anyway lol i would just be happy with the land i had its hard to find permision for a bullet rifle i find i have loads of land for my shotgun for pigeon and rabbits but i want to start doing a bit of foxin now and again and the farms i shoot over are crop fields and foxes dont bother the farmers .Anyway thanks for the info raynardman and alb ...

You can get extra land once you have your ticket. All you need to do is call your fao and they will check it out. Once you have a Rifle it's much easier to get permission. It's hard to get it before as your asking the farmer to control vermin and then when he says yes, you've got to then get your ticket and come back in 6 months!

Guest fuggytail

You can get extra land once you have your ticket. All you need to do is call your fao and they will check it out. Once you have a Rifle it's much easier to get permission. It's hard to get it before as your asking the farmer to control vermin and then when he says yes, you've got to then get your ticket and come back in 6 months!

Hi ya moonlighter thats what i will do mate first i need some land that is passed so i can apply for me fac then once thats sorted i will look for more farm land to have me ticket on .thats the problem at the moment i have no land which has been past for me to apply for me fac and the farm land i shoot over the farmers do not want any fac firearms on there like you say its no good me asking to do pest controll on someones land if they say yes iv got to wait up to six months before i can go on lol....Thanks for the info mate it all helps ATB fuggy...............
Guest fuggytail

What about joining a rifle club? At least you wont have to worry about losing you permission one day? There's definitely one near Oswestry in Shropshire, not sure if that's close.

nik thats a great idear mate i will try and find a club near to me and see what i can find out that helps a load mate at least i got something to try for now all the best mate il keep you posted on how i get on thanks again :thumbs: ......