Great Game Fairs of Ireland racing update

To have a whippet class at all is opening the age old question what is a whippet and not a whippet TangoI do n ot think it fair to put someone on the spot and have them to pass judgement on what is a whippet and what is not a whippet who would take on that task? Paris looks more like a whippet than some of the KC bred I would go as far to say Ernie would pass as a full bred whippet. Keep in mind that some of the people with dogs have bought them being told they are whippets some oweners have rescue dogs with no idea of the blood lines so for them to be told to get their dog of the start line might not be taken too well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes cause you will get far in life only doing what you want to do, what a load of i moan because i dont see why my 8 year old should have to race his whippet along with lurchers and im sure if you

very sporting attitude minty ,you run whippets as lurchers have done for for a while, your just spoiling proper sporting peoples fun, got recall on your dogs yet lol! you run a nonped as a lurcher and

i can only speak for myself and after reading the posts and the pm`s ive had on it i will hold an under 21"race and a whippet race without the need for papers,if on the day a dog lines up on the start

Seems to me the only people that moan are the ones who can't beat a good dog, :laugh: whether you race it, show it, lamp it, day time mooch or go f*****g ice skating with it, :laugh: there will always be a moaner at the shows :hmm: why don't you just get on and f*****g do what you want, :yes: and don't let ANYONE stop you doing what you want to in life. :boogy::toast:

To have a whippet class at all is opening the age old question what is a whippet and not a whippet TangoI do n ot think it fair to put someone on the spot and have them to pass judgement on what is a whippet and what is not a whippet who would take on that task? Paris looks more like a whippet than some of the KC bred I would go as far to say Ernie would pass as a full bred whippet. Keep in mind that some of the people with dogs have bought them being told they are whippets some oweners have rescue dogs with no idea of the blood lines so for them to be told to get their dog of the start line might not be taken too well.

the whippet judge on the day wont have a problem im sure,just not having a whippet race doesnt solve the problem,it needs sorted for once and for all.
  • Like 1

Seems to me the only people that moan are the ones who can't beat a good dog, :laugh: whether you race it, show it, lamp it, day time mooch or go f*****g ice skating with it, :laugh: there will always be a moaner at the shows :hmm: why don't you just get on and f*****g do what you want, :yes: and don't let ANYONE stop you doing what you want to in life. :boogy::toast:

Yes cause you will get far in life only doing what you want to do, what a load of :censored: i moan because i dont see why my 8 year old should have to race his whippet along with lurchers and im sure if you have any kids you wouldnt want anyone cheating them out of somthing that they worked hard for , and to be fair his wee dog may never win a race but at least he knows that it was cause his dog wasnt the fastest whippet on the day and not cause grown man and women cheated . I hope albert sticks to what he said and gives the non peds a race of there own . lets face it some times its good to have a wee moan . :yes:

• Like 2

Yes cause you will get far in life only doing what you want to do, what a load of :censored: i moan because i dont see why my 8 year old should have to race his whippet along with lurchers and im sure if you have any kids you wouldnt want anyone cheating them out of somthing that they worked hard for , and to be fair his wee dog may never win a race but at least he knows that it was cause his dog wasnt the fastest whippet on the day and not cause grown man and women cheated . I hope albert sticks to what he said and gives the non peds a race of there own . lets face it some times its good to have a wee moan . :yes:

Why don't you do like the people over this side of the water do! :laugh: they moan about the non peds, :whistling: then go out and get them selves one, :laugh: good luck on the day with your wee dog. :thumbs:

Pigsy your wrong about not being able to spot non peds along side whippet.at birr I was standing 50 yards up the track along with lurcher 330 and even from that distance I pointed out two dogs that were not whippets well one was obvious with the broken coat lol

An the other 1 was Ernie :thumbs:

• Like 1

The problem is that some people know what the breeding of their dogs are, and not being whippets, they have raced them as whippets. As for Paris and Ernie their owners know they are not whippets yet raced them as whippets. I have nothing against Martin or Deidre so i'm not personally attacking them. A lot depends on how the show is worded when advertised. Tango is right that it needs to be sorted out before the showing and racing season comes around or it'll still be debated about after every show.

At the All Irelands this year the biggest racing class was the whippet class with approx. 6 or 7 heats with 6 dogs in each heat. At £3 a pop thats approx £120 generated through the racing only, never mind the money it brought in through the gates just to attend the gamefair.

Edited by Dazzam
  • Like 1

The problem is that some people know what the breeding of their dogs are, and not being whippets, they have raced them as whippets. As for Paris and Ernie their owners know they are not whippets yet raced them as whippets. I have nothing against Martin or Deidre so i'm not personally attacking them. A lot depends on how the show is worded when advertised. Tango is right that it needs to be sorted out before the showing and racing season comes around or it'll still be debated about after every show.

At the All Irelands this year the biggest racing class was the whippet class with approx. 6 or 7 heats with 6 dogs in each heat. At £3 a pop thats approx £120 generated through the racing only, never mind the money it brought in through the gates just to attend the gamefair.

I think most of the owners would have had a free ticket from Ballywalter remmember we gave a two shows for the price of one or who entered through the Open Whippet Show. The organising club take all of the fees so there wwasn't a lot through the gate after we had paid for prizes, ground rent etc!