a few cattys ive made,,

designed to be shot as seen but also to spice them up if you like,i am making a hand carved oak one at mo :whistling: + two other solid hard wood ones,,,so ive not finnished one of these as i am not sure on elastic to use,,i hate the crossply ones as i hate crossply for cattys,but the lads that make em do a realy realy good copys ;) ;)

Why do you always say that people copy buddy

Atb rob

i didnt invent the sling shot, i was once told it was someone's idear to use crosslpy nd thera band nd everyone coppeid him in england while he copied from a bloke in usa hope this explains it for you why do you ask?

There's nothing new in catapults. Board cuts have been around for years and years, look at some of the very early commercial made ones. Multiplex is what most use now as its a very strong ply and works well. As stronger materials are made they'll be used.

Theraband flat bands are another example of modern materials replacing older stuff. We used to use flatbands cut from inner tubes, years ago and people have been using it since inner tubes first became available.

There's been a recent trend for people to make pickle fork shooters (PFS) and one guy was even claiming to be the inventor of this design. But natives of central American countries have been using them for 100 years. So nothing's new. I'm all for seeing people's designs but they're usually a variation of a previous design, it's not copying, it's enhancing or personalising.