Which Scope

I'm looking for a new scope for my .17hmr. preferably 3 - 9 x 50 or similar has to be mil dot and IR budget £100 - £150. I've used many scopes over the years but wondering what you lot recommend. I might go for something with a bit more magnification and not bothered if its new or SH.

Simon. I had a Bushnell banner 3-9x40 on my hummer, which was great but mil mil dot. Have upgraded to a Nikon monarch 3, 4-16 x 42.

The only down side to any of the cheap IR scope is that the IR is crappy with flare at anything other than the lowest settings.

I have now decided the IR is more of a gimmick than a necessity, for what I need the rifle for. Shooting in woodland might be different.

I've got the Simmons WTC 3-10X50 if that helps. I use the HMR either during the day (mainly crow busting) or evening (mainly rabbits) so no use for an IR, also, as the HMR shoots flat out to 140 m I don't need the milldot / ballistic drop type of reticle. If you plan to do a lot of walking round your permissions with the rifle don't forget to consider the weight of the scope as well (I've been there with the hubble telescope as a scope - all I came home with was a hernia ;) )

Smig

• Like 1