That old chestnut.....Minshaw stuff!!

rawry

that email address was not found either,have you got another?

The following message to <kraw345.@aol.com> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'MAILBOX NOT FOUND'

Bunny Basher, try losing the "." just before the @ symbol. so instead of kraw345.@aol.com try kraw345@aol.com.... just a suggestion ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i right in believing "Traveller" died in a hunting related death?....and was owned by J.S from Liverpool?

Traveller was owned by JF from liverpool and was later retired to BC's nr st helens, i dont think it died in the field. :D

• 1 year later...
Guest beddy whippet collie
i asked about them dogs before. its a hot potato i think. look back over old threads on the topic. theres pages upon pages on minshaws.

i don't know about hot potato , but i did hear that the price of them is a bit hot . some one said there was a blue pup for sale last year for £1000 or there abouts :whistling:

Guest archiet
i asked about them dogs before. its a hot potato i think. look back over old threads on the topic. theres pages upon pages on minshaws.

i don't know about hot potato , but i did hear that the price of them is a bit hot . some one said there was a blue pup for sale last year for £1000 or there abouts :whistling:

I'm quite facinated by all the "Minshaw myth",i live in Cumbria where these dogs originated from albeit quite a distance from the actual place where it all started,on my travels i often hear the name mentioned and it amazes me how frequently this occurs.It must be nigh on 30 years ago that i first came across these dogs and to still hear of them says quite a bit to me really.I seen one or two working quite a few years ago and without being flashy in their work it was their endurance which left an impression with me.I do visit other forums where these dogs are talked of,some good,some bad but what i have found is that the majority of people who have had or do own these dogs are the kind of folk who live and breath their dogs,putting everything else on the backburner.I never seen the Ad of a blue pup for a £1000 or thereabouts so cannot comment on it but what i did see on another forum was an old dog of ASD who according to the post was now eleven and obviously in the twighlight of his life but having heard of the dog on several occasions myself and also from many respected faces who have seen the dog out lamping who ALL said the dog was a machine i thought the stud price which he was asking although seemingly high may infact not be as bad as it 1st seems.The dog obviously won't be producing pups for much longer and if you really wanted to have part of a proven working line then why not go to the best possible outlet which seemingly to those in the know is this particular dog.Things seem to of gone all quiet on the book front,i'm not sure if J Darcy is still making plans to do a book on the subject but if so i'll pre-order mine now :D

Guest bitsa lurcher

good post archiet , i seem to remember seeing the add for a blue pup from a mating that asd had done , i memory serves me correctley the pup was spare due to a time waster , i can't remember the exact price . perhaps bunny basher can enlighten us as of the price ???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My apologies Mackem ;) lol

Wex is spot on Jf Did have traveller he actually gave rambo back to vic cause he thought traveler was a better all round dog. An if you wana no anythin about rambo or traveller i will go straight to the horses mouth an tell you exactly what happened to traveller. .

Am also sellin this pup if anybodys interested!!!..

post-19424-1225550566_thumb.jpg

Edited by Single Handed. .
Traveller wasnt born same time as Rambo, they were same way bred but nearly 2 years apart. Vic never got Rambo back it went to Snix, he bought it for £300 plus 2 pups that snix had bred and that was because jf felt guilty of a crime he commited towards snix and he let him have Rambo cheap because Jf paid £800 for it previously.

Ill find out if thats true!! Interestin stuff.. .lol

Its true marra, my husband ASD has known jf for over 25 years. Rambo was born 21 July 1985, thats how confident i am, were you even born then? ;)

What happened to traveller then? The last time ASD was on the phone to jf, which was only a couple of weeks ago, he asked him wht had happened to Traveller and he didnt even know?

Am actually lampin with him at the moment!! I dont no exactly what happened to traveller but if j does no ill no by the end of the day!! I was 2 when them dogs where workin. . Lol. .