walk the land?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

even land i hunt regular in the day, looks totally different in the dark, gaps in hedges, paths etc seem to magicly move or maybe im just going senile

Walking the land during the day not only learns you the danger zones,but also the easiest points of access to other fields etc.Nothing worse than blind lamping and struggling to enter the next field.Y

i have land local to me that i walk most days, an lamp when im on me tod or meeting somebody for the first time, its pretty decent land an always holds a few bunnys, so i use it to keep dogs fit in be

i have land local to me that i walk most days, an lamp when im on me tod or meeting somebody for the first time, its pretty decent land an always holds a few bunnys, so i use it to keep dogs fit in between travelling around an lamping other land further away, i try an get me dogs on all the land i lamp during the day, but its just not possible imo

what i will say is, i have noticed that even when you been lamping land for years when you see it for 1st time in daylight im always amazed at how much ye have missed during day :icon_eek::thumbs:

Edited by reddawn
  • Like 1

I always prefer to walk the land , lol I was out walking some land not long ago and fell down a fecking hole by hole I mean it took me some time to get out so it was deep lol and that was in daylight

specsavers 2 for 1 :laugh:

I always prefer to walk the land , lol I was out walking some land not long ago and fell down a fecking hole by hole I mean it took me some time to get out so it was deep lol and that was in daylight

specsavers 2 for 1 :laugh:

ha ha lol I really don't know how I fell in It lol I felt a right tit , the dogs were just looking down the hole at me lol

• Like 1

I'm lucky. The land I lamp I also ferret and mooch on by day. And there's places on it I wouldn't dream of slipping a dog at night: gravel pits, deep drains almost hidden by reeds and stuff, fallen trees, and tons of barbed wire everywhere. Lethal stuff for a dog with lots of drive.

• Like 1

Walking the land during the day not only learns you the danger zones,but also the easiest points of access to other fields etc.Nothing worse than blind lamping and struggling to enter the next field.You can also see where the quarry is seeking refuge and use the knowledge gained to plan your night accordingly.

• Like 2