l200 recomend?

Theres good and bad in them all mate. If your going to be buying an older model around 100k miles then you will defo have problems. Some will be pennies and some will be a fortune to fix, its pot luck. If you have a friend whos a mechanic i'd take them along when you go to buy....even better if you are going to a garage then get yourself some warranty with it. A set of mud tyres and you'll go pretty much everywhere you'll ever need too......... :thumbs:

Had 4 of them now, Good trucks, bit thursty, but dont think i could do without one, have sold them in the past, and ended up buying another one a couple a months later. Buy the best you can afford, make sure its had oil changed regularly, watch out for knackered bottom pulleys / cranks as these are a weak point. Try it in 4x4 too before you buy to make sure n nasty knocks etc

:thumbs:

I am on my second now, sold my 07 disco 3 and went back to one,my first one we bought 3 yr old with 33,000 on clock sold it with 140,000 on clock and it never put a foot wrong,I changed a clutch and back springs but I did do alot of towing with it,the car is being run by a friend at the moment and still going strong, but that was a W reg and if I am honest it was thirsty,I do change the oil every 5,000 miles religiously, I have just bought a 06 plate with 36,000 miles on,and at moment cant fault it,alot better on fuel and decent off road, dispite haveing crap tyres on, If you get one and service or repair it yourself,try{ Milner off road.co.uk } brilliant firm very cheap for parts and service items,basically I like em mate, but look around spend a bit extra and get the AA to give it a look over first good luck

darren

I liked mine so much I had a 'Citroen Saxo' fitted as a bonnet mascot...............

DSC_00030001-2.jpg

If that hadn't happened I would still have her now,ande I had her from new for 6 yrs,great truck.

Martin

• Like 1

I agree with everything above they are decent motors..I also give mine an oil and air filter change every 6k ....upgrade the leaf springs with the heavy duty ones from milners and put a decent set of tyres and it will go anywhere anyother lwb 4x4 will go ....i give mine soe abuse on a daily basis and its never let me down

Out hunting today and get a call on the radio that they had put one to ground so headed off the hill and tried to find a track up to hounds ...i overshot a gate and put it onto reverse and tried to reverse straight round a corner resulting in this ....even in the low box diff lock on and the big tyres it was going nowhere ....jcb saved the day

post-23537-0-93293200-1328037053.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gutted ha! I just done some insurance quotes and my current insurance company won't insure me unroll I am 21, and been on one of these comparison sites and cheapest quote I can get is best part of 3k!

try www.sure term they only insure 4x4,s and classic cars i have a 4.2 diesel turbo toyota landcruiser very cheap insurance off them