FERRETING LOCAL ,, vin came down to lend a hand

TOMO

had a wander round the field behind my house today,, just doing a few little hedgrow sets the farmer had asked me to clear,,, a late start midmorning cos of work comitments,,

one thing we did need today ,, was the bloody spoon, we seemed to get it out on evry set,, but hay thats ferreting somtines,, but we did bolt a few, wich was nice to see.

one little warren in particular supricesd us in the fact it went under a farm track , and reponed next to the cow shed wall,, we were lucky not to loose any,, cos theres no way you would think it was the same warren.

then on the last warren of the day,, problems , a good 4 foot right under the middle of the hedge,, we did manage to get it out eventualy,, but it was a long old slog..

back out thursday up the dales ,,, so thats somthing to look forward to,, vin will put up some pics later :thumbs:

Great day.

That last set of the day was a nasty bugger, 2 hours for 2 bunnies..they were well earned by anyones standards.I hate Hawthorns so much after this year,But that little folding handsaw had an extra use today and came in very handy at one point for extracting a tricky Bunny up a stop end out of hand reach.

Tomo was very kind to me with the shovel. He insisted on doing most of the digging..which I did'nt argue about...LOL.

I only had my phone for pics but i did take a few when i got the chance.

The suprise was the set linked up with the one against the cow sheds..it was about 20 yards away from tree line under hardcore etc etc..You would never have guessed them to be linked up.

They seemed very reluctant to bolt on the last hedge of the day...but we had em out the hard way.

I can't think of a better way to spend a sunday.. Thanks Tomo.

post-11815-0-64703400-1327871462_thumb.jpg

Well done lads............vin you don't half get around fair play. :D

cheers Johnny... I will go anywhere for a good day/night.. today was almost local for me really,Only down the road by my usual standards..LOL.. I've done a few thousand miles this season so far..