Killed by hounds

A mate of mine yesterday was out on a visiting day with another pack of hounds. He bolted one with a Russell dog who was out right behind like he always dose! The dog was then killed by a couple hounds! Terrier man was pissed off to say the least! This ever happened to anyone else?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why were the hounds on top of the earth anyway?,they should have been held up away a bit anyway and it sounds like the huntsman ain't on his job 100%.Bad old do for sure and sad way to go for a terrie

first of all i dont know the circumstances of this incident and would not blame either party not being present pre ban if a fox was run to ground and terriers were called for the huntsman would conve

why was the hound or hounds uncontrolable ...and I am a terrier man for a pack of hounds lab so I do have a little knowledge on the topic this is how I see it the terrier was called rusty ...that giv

As has been said mate, it does happen, rarely yes, but it does happen, but it really shouldn't, the terrierman is quite right to be pissed off, the couple that kiled the terrier need to be watched now, if they have done it once they may well do it again, a lot of it may be caused through inexperience or young over exited hounds, but the really should know better. Bad craic for the terrierman though, very bad.

• Like 2

Got no idea mate. Like I said it was a visit day and the terrier man was asked to try bolt one for the gun! Rusty came out right behind as he does normally with his regular pack! I have seen him run with the hounds for half hour before he was caught and put back on the bike.