Jill in season

Hi

I given two ferrets and was told they were both jills.

So it may sound a bit stupid me asking, are they male n female, if you dont ask you dont get, right ?

this one is swolen up, so female, yeah ?

photo217iz2.jpg

the other is not swollen much.

But what i did notice was that one that is swolen is biting the neck of the other and tryin to do the business. Any ideas ?

No sarcy comments as Im new to ferrets and im trying to learn, like you once did.

Thanks

Dan

Edited by danielt

just have a check on the other to make sure it is female, you say the swollen one is mounting the other one?? thats a jill, female in the pic but get one up of the other one if your not sure yourself. saves getting lost of 'lil ferrets then. if it is a hob you shouldnt miss the bollocks. bout the size of a couple of big bird peanuts.

probably just wants a bit :D my 2 youngest ferrets that are sisters one was trying to mount the other not too long ago so i wouldnt worry too much. the one in the pic looks like she's rady to be mated or whatever. i just took the 2 sisters to the vet to get jabbed to bring them out of season or you could use a jaffa if you know anyone who has one?

Where they in with any males before you got them ?

just speaking to a guy and told him my 1yr old jill is in season, and he said that you dont need to mate or give them the jab in their first season, is there any truth in that ?

I would get them to the vets, the swelling really needs to be reduced as there so low to the ground & its a breeding ground for infection,regardless of age

just speaking to a guy and told him my 1yr old jill is in season, and he said that you dont need to mate or give them the jab in their first season, is there any truth in that ?

I would get them to the vets, the swelling really needs to be reduced as there so low to the ground & its a breeding ground for infection,regardless of age

No males with them.

Booked them in with vets just now.

Is there any truth in what the bloke told me, dont need to jab them or mate em on first season ?

So i can put the guy in his place :big_boss:

Edited by danielt

Too true :yes: , Dan Ive just had mine to the vets for a jill jab and when the swelling goes down she is getting spayed. Its a bit costly but it means that she will never be in season again and i wont have to worry about having loads of little ferts. Also, books on its way.

Can someone answer this for me please. i was talking to this guy again about jills and the jab.

the guy sad if 1 jill is pregnant and you keep another jill with her, will she eat the kits of the other jill ?

Any truth in there ?

Can someone answer this for me please. i was talking to this guy again about jills and the jab.

the guy sad if 1 jill is pregnant and you keep another jill with her, will she eat the kits of the other jill ?

Any truth in there ?

yes mate keep them seperate if there in together she will prob eat the kits ;)