ferret tick

itl drop off like this as they breath through there skin so your sufocating it really. using vas makes it spew up into the ferrets blood stream though. if it was mine i would of tried to get it off with a tool unless its in an awkward place. get abit of front line and squirt 2 pumps onto your hand and just rub it all over the furt. stops any more fleas and ticks then for 3 and 6 months i think it is.

hth, maty.

itl drop off like this as they breath through there skin so your sufocating it really. using vas makes it spew up into the ferrets blood stream though. if it was mine i would of tried to get it off with a tool unless its in an awkward place. get abit of front line and squirt 2 pumps onto your hand and just rub it all over the furt. stops any more fleas and ticks then for 3 and 6 months i think it is.

hth, maty.

Get a tick hook they work well!

i,ve got same prob with a ferret i,ve just found , it as a few ticks on it .

i,ve got some old frontline dog flea spray ( just out of date ) would this be ok , or are you talking about something else .

thanks

I would like to know this aswell, i know that frontline for dogs is very potent compared to small mammal frontline, so would a a very small bit of dogs frontline be ok ? Anyone done this before ?

Dan

Edited by danielt

only available with a perscription as far as i know. its not liscense to use on ferrets but ive not had any problems, but as i say a couple of pumps on your hand and just rub it into the coat. ive had my bottle of fl for years now and still loads left.

cheers eggy interesting link

re- front line spray , is this only available from a vet .

Yes you need a script for the spray,but the frontline spot on is available over the counter :)