Rabbiting dog

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good pics, got a few from a while back , whippet grews cross collie type are they still popular, had that type for fifteen years d sliegth had them before me for twenty odd years ,dave had katie kizzy etc great little dogs i bred mines up to a greyhound bitch for more pace and stilll kept the qaulity breeding back to her distant relaition, this year,its took me three years to get a suitable stud for her simliar size and catching qaulities all the best

Guest Frank

Well, mines a pure whippet :whistle: and does not shiver? :blink::laugh:;)

frank that doesnt look like a pure whippet to me :hmm::hmm:

dont start him off again :whistle: :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::clapper::clapper:

Im not going to that place again. :clapper:

All i will say is, their must be a throw back in their some place, i have it under investigation with the breeder. ;)

All will be revield soon chaps. :D

Frank.

Guest markbrick1

Well, mines a pure whippet :whistle: and does not shiver? :blink::laugh:;)

frank that doesnt look like a pure whippet to me :hmm::hmm:

All i will say is, their must be a throw back in their some place, i have it under investigation with the breeder. ;)

Frank.

yea as long as it does what you want frank it shouldnt really care?????????? but for f**k sake dont rnter it at any whippet shows :laugh::laugh:

Guest Frank

Well, mines a pure whippet :whistle: and does not shiver? :laugh:;)

frank that doesnt look like a pure whippet to me :hmm:

Frank.

yea as long as it does what you want frank it shouldnt really care?????????? but for f**k sake dont rnter it at any whippet shows :laugh::laugh:

:laugh: No chance of that mate :D all show whippets are safe. ;):D

Frank.

Edited by Frank

and also by the look of them 2 whippets a wet windy cold winters night i bet they would be shivering

We do most of our rabbiting up in the Yorks Dales, and believe me when the weather is bad up there it is bad :D

We`re ready to call it a day before the dogs , they`ll work all day any weather , they aren`t show dogs , they`re bred worker to worker. They are a purpose bred rabbiting dog, they have it all, instant pace, catching ability , good nose and stamina , for me they do it all

Edited by blackwhippet
Guest Lurchers2006

Frank normally when people say your dog doesnt really look like a full whippet in the pictures you cant really say, but looking at those pics she is DEFINATLY no a full whippet! :laugh: Did the parents look like full whippets? As you say it must be a throwback, its got me interested now I cant wait to find out what else is in her! :yes: It doesnt matter anyway as long as shes catching the bunnies :D

Guest Frank
Frank normally when people say your dog doesnt really look like a full whippet in the pictures you cant really say, but looking at those pics she is DEFINATLY no a full whippet! :laugh: Did the parents look like full whippets? As you say it must be a throwback, its got me interested now I cant wait to find out what else is in her! :yes: It doesnt matter anyway as long as shes catching the bunnies :D

:D She is doing great and as you say, does not matter if she is not, but as soon as i find out, i will let you know. ;)

Frank.

Guest Frank
WHO STARTED ALL THESE RUMOURS FRANK.... :big_boss::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: .AND I WOULD BE VERY SUPPRISED IF THE BREEDERS WILL TELL YOU ... :D

:D Me, nooo, i did nor start this, did i :blink::laugh::laugh:

I reckon you could be right their Snoop, as i rand him this afternoon, and all i got was, their a strong type of whippet, its in them and they will do the job. :icon_eek::laugh:

So, i must stop worrying and just get on with it. ;):D

All the best all. :drink:

Frank.

Later on in the year (Octoberish) i will be looking for another lurcher pup (DOG) :D At the moment im running a

27" Grey/Deer/Saluki/Whippet (dog) and also have a JRT x Patt (bitch) for bushing. So what im looking for is something that will make around the 22" mark, that is explosive off the mark and is fiery but not aggressive with my other dogs.

A while back i put a whippet across my 23" Bull X. I`ve been out lamping & ferreting with two of the pups that mates have had, and i`ve found them to be crackin little workers quick of the mark, good with other dogs, but game enough if needed.

HPIM0064family-1.jpg

Dam. Bull X center. Dog pup Left. Bitch pup right.

Yis Mars.