tricky one ?

are you talking about setting a 110 bodygrip trap under water tight against the bridge wall to catch mink? not sure of the law regarding using a tunnel with this kind of set, probably better using one of the cage tunnels designed for the bodygrips just to keep yourself covered dont think this set would be any less effective with the tunnel on??

the trap under water set is very unlikely to trap none targets. a cubby set on land would .we got loads of wild polecats here in wales,and there is a real danger of catching one in tunnel set up.while targeting mink, as all animals use river banks as a travel way.. the only thing an underwater set is going to catch is a mink, so i think tunnel over a trap set two foot down under water in not needed despite what the law says.

my own risk assessment of a none target catch on land is to high to be be used in areas i trap.the under water set however don't even come in to the equation when it comes to none targets,, it simply will not catch what it ain't intended to... tunnels over traps are a must but in certain situations common sense far out weighs what the law says should be.

the trap under water set is very unlikely to trap none targets. a cubby set on land would .we got loads of wild polecats here in wales,and there is a real danger of catching one in tunnel set up.while targeting mink, as all animals use river banks as a travel way.. the only thing an underwater set is going to catch is a mink, so i think tunnel over a trap set two foot down under water in not needed despite what the law says.

my own risk assessment of a none target catch on land is to high to be be used in areas i trap.the under water set however don't even come in to the equation when it comes to none targets,, it simply will not catch what it ain't intended to... tunnels over traps are a must but in certain situations common sense far out weighs what the law says should be.

If you no the answer why ask the question??

If you no the answer why ask the question??

the answer to the question i started the thread with is its illegal to set a trap without a tunnel..i only questioned why when under water its only going to catch its target..

i,m sure it says in the laws that a trap must be set within the overhang of a natural or artificial tunnel , the tunnel must be suitable for the purpose of reducing the risk of catching non target species, or summit like that,

the likelihood of catching something other than a mink in a bottom edge set is pretty slim, if you propped some stick up against the underwater bank to form an underwater tunnel ,it would probably cover you , because the law doesn,t say what the tunnel should be made from or how dense it is

it all needs addressing properly to make sure folk understand and do not fall foul because of loop holes or misunderstanding the laws, people can read things different

the law is an ass