bsa lightning barrel help!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the advice bill, i have just been researching on the internet and found similar advice. i am not confident i am strong enough to do it myself, but i rang my local gunsmith and he says he can straighten it and it wont cost anywhere near as much as a new barrel.

rob- i have checked the stock and it seems fine, only the scratches and blemishes that were there when i bought it (thats not a complaint, i knew it was a well used rifle with marks on it)

just a thought mate, not to dampen your day even more lol the last thing you wanted to do is buy a new barrel, and find out u have to buy new stock, my mates hw90k stock cost 190 quid lol he was really pissed off, couldnt find any used stocks anywhere, atb now mate, make sure you get time to enjoy shooting lol and dont let it put you off

I recently bought a BSA Lightning as my first gun, second hand from a guy on here. (no names)

I thought I just had to zero the scope as it was shooting high but then noticed the scope was bent. so now, a new scope and mounts later, i still have the same problem. it is shooting up to 2ft too high at 20yds even with the elevation on the scope screwed down as far as possible and with the back mount packed.

Now I have noticed the barrel may be slightly bent, is there anything I can do about it without having to spend an arm and a leg? is it possible to have the barrel straightened and is it worth it?

cheers in advance

HI buddy this may help?

depends on what you want to spend?

http://www.gunspares...d=24300&Search=

regards

Davy

I recently bought a BSA Lightning as my first gun, second hand from a guy on here. (no names)

I thought I just had to zero the scope as it was shooting high but then noticed the scope was bent. so now, a new scope and mounts later, i still have the same problem. it is shooting up to 2ft too high at 20yds even with the elevation on the scope screwed down as far as possible and with the back mount packed.

Now I have noticed the barrel may be slightly bent, is there anything I can do about it without having to spend an arm and a leg? is it possible to have the barrel straightened and is it worth it?

cheers in advance

HI Rob this may help?

regards

Davy

is that the chambers site dav?

cheers in advance

HI Rob this may help?

regards

Davy

is that the chambers site dav?

hi Rob

yes it is,and i have seen some one else has posted it,note to myself "read the whole post before commenting" :icon_redface:

Davy

lol i thought it was, i clicked on google and typed in chambers, and then posted it, but then saw your link and thought it looked like something i seen before like..never too much help on this site...i reckon you should get a lurcher and get on the lurcher forum davy, all fun and games on there..ask for advice and someone wants to string you up :L