3 Friends shooting rats on a farm in Oxfordshire

zini

Cracking night lads well done! Was you using the bi-pod off the floor at the start of the footage with the hw100?

Yes i was crouched over the rifle as the floor was very wet and dirty and the rifle was on the bipod.

Not a very nice way or comfy way to shoot.

I only shot about 10 rats the whole night without the bipod.

Si.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   This is just some of the footage that me, Davy and Russell (AKA DogVixon) shot at a farm in the Oxfordshire area for its new farm manager.   More of this footage will be shown over the

hi Cal it depends on what cal you are shooting?   if its .177 and you have zero @ 35yds then 10yds will be 1.0 mildot hold over   and if its .22 and you zero at 30yds then 10yds will be 1.0 mildo

Posted Images

As to be Expected from Two Top Lad's Si & Davy, Expert Marksmen and some very classy scope cam shooting :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And some superb editing as well Si :clapper:, Between Yourselfs, Hunters Vermin, Ed Gun USA, About the best hunting Vids on Utube.

atvb Daz " Scopecam Apprentice" :rolleyes:

Great footage the ir 300 looks the biz , i had a similar place to shoot with the lads missies parents, because missed the odd shot and it went with bang against the sheeting of the barn , her mom said they dont want anyone shooting anymore, miserble cow, thought i was doing them a favour!

about half way through the vid in a pen to the right is a funny shape, thats what the big 'beaver' rat one will look like, its like a huge fat thing i call the hive queen.. never seen more than one in a nest.. but after thats gone the numbers seriously dwidle to nil or near too. (they some times apear with a couple three 'gaurds' with them, shoot her first, see how many gaurds think about taking you on lol.

good shooting

hi Every one

thanks for all the comments :thumbs:

the 86 in the pics was a small portion of what we shot IMO, a lot were also shot but unable to retrieve due to tight cavity's and roof space,myself I have 47clips of footage of rats being wasted! which shall be on the way to Si soon for VerminHuntersTV Via a usb stick,so subscribe for further footage of this 12/16hr ratting session :thumbs:

Also there are 2 clips of some high quality marksman ship on head shots in tight places like metal grills/roof space both from Si and my self! :thumbs:

I think there would of been more out,but due to a new construction of another new pig building,which has obviously disturbed there nests,and the fact it was - 3 :icon_eek: we got what we could :thumbs:

Also a big thank you to Russell for driving and putting up with my snoring in my 2 hour power nap :laugh:

and thanks to the Manager of the pig farm :thumbs:

Regards

Davy

Some great shooting there si!

When your shooting the rats at close range, have u got the sights set at like 10 yards?

The reason i ask this is have my sights set at 30 yards and if there is a rabbit at say 5-10 yards should I aim above or below with the holdover? Because when i shoot straight at the rabbit, they dont seem to drop

An answer to this would be much apprciated

Cheers :thumbs:

Cal

Some great shooting there si!

When your shooting the rats at close range, have u got the sights set at like 10 yards?

The reason i ask this is have my sights set at 30 yards and if there is a rabbit at say 5-10 yards should I aim above or below with the holdover? Because when i shoot straight at the rabbit, they dont seem to drop

An answer to this would be much apprciated

Cheers :thumbs:

Cal

hi Cal

it depends on what cal you are shooting?

if its .177 and you have zero @ 35yds then 10yds will be 1.0 mildot hold over

and if its .22 and you zero at 30yds then 10yds will be 1.0 mildot hold under.

this example is to my scope calibration,so others will differ depending on what range they zero at?

hope this helps

regards

Davy

• Like 1

Hi Cal I can give you a guess answer at the moment as I'm not sure of some very important questions. To give you a better and about 90% accurate answer please answer me the following questions:

What rifle have you got?

What calibre is it?

What pellets you shooting in it?

What scope you got, I.e make and model?

Have you got low medium or high mounts ?

Si.